Input variables in strategy tester

I still cant seem to grasp the concepts of ( Value,Start,Step,Stop,Steps) in the strategy tester, can someone please explain

Remmy komora: I still cant seem to grasp the concepts of ( Value,Start,Step,Stop,Steps) in the strategy tester, can someone please explain

Value is used for the single back-test run, while start, step and stop is used for optimisations.

Let's say for example that your EA only has one input (let's call it "Bar Count"), and you set the start = 1, step = 2, stop = 9.

When you run the optimisations, it will run 5 passes (5 tests) with "Bar Count" set to 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Value is used for the single back-test run, while start, step and stop is used for optimisations.

Let's say for example that your EA only has one input (let's call it "Bar Count"), and you set the start = 1, step = 2, stop = 9.

When you run the optimisations, it will run 5 passes (5 tests) with "Bar Count" set to 1, 3, 5, 7, 9.

Thank you fernando, well understood. This EA scalpers seem not to work in my metatrader, what do you think might be wrong in my settings

Remmy komora #: This EA scalpers seem not to work in my metatrader, what do you think might be wrong in my settings

And how exactly do you think I would know?

I can't read your mind, nor can I see your computer.

Fernando Carreiro #:

And how exactly do you think I would know?

I can't read your mind, nor can I see your computer.

if i may ask, do they really work ? i am of the opinion that probably they are not allowed

Remmy komora #: if i may ask, do they really work ? i am of the opinion that probably they are not allowed

It seems that you continue to believe that I can read your mind.

What works? What is not allowed?

Fernando Carreiro #:

It seems that you continue to believe that I can read your mind.

What works? What is not allowed?

True, somehow I believe your crystal ball works. Okay just give a link where i can follow the procedures of making it work.

Remmy komora # Okay just give a link where i can follow the procedures of making it work.

A random link, magically pointing to your broken scalper, your EA settings, your tester settings, and your logs? Really?

Remmy komora #:
True, somehow I believe your crystal ball works. Okay just give a link where i can follow the procedures of making it work.

Try the help file about the Strategy Tester.

Strategy Optimization - Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Strategy Tester allows you to test and optimize trading strategies ( Expert Advisors ) before using them for live trading. During testing, an...
Reason: