Turkish characters are distorted in mql5. how can i fix broken characters?

Turkish characters are distorted in mql5. how can i fix broken characters?

For example: i�lem ba�ar�l�

hasan188: Turkish characters are distorted in mql5. how can i fix broken characters? For example: i�lem ba�ar�l�

Do you mean in your source code file?

Then save the file in a Unicode format. However, that will only prevent it happening in the future. It will not fix an existing "bad" file.

To fix an existing file, you will have to open it with the correct ANSI code-page encoding first and then save it to Unicode format.

Visual Studio Code can do that for you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Do you mean in your source code file?

Then save the file in a Unicode format. However, that will only prevent it happening in the future. It will not fix an existing "bad" file.

To fix an existing file, you will have to open it with the correct ANSI code-page encoding first and then save it to Unicode format.

Visual Studio Code can do that for you.

I will not do it in the source file. After sending Turkish data with socket from meta, it saves it like this where I send it. Can't I fix it in MQL5? Or how do I do the unicode process you say?

hasan188 #: I will not do it in the source file. After sending Turkish data with socket from meta, it saves it like this where I send it. Can't I fix it in MQL5? Or how do I do the unicode process you say?

Then you fix it by passing UNICODE strings (either as UTF-8 or UTF-16) over the sockets and have it saved on the other side as UNICODE files as well.

However, that is not a MQL issue. That is a programming issue and you should do some research on character encodings and file formats.

Reason: