Is there a bug in marking threads read or

is it because of the spam being deleted on them ? 

Lorentzos Roussos:

is it because of the spam being deleted on them ? 

I don't think there is any issue with read topics, but I see a large decrease of new topics and users' participation in the forum since the soccer world cup started...

Lorentzos Roussos: is it because of the spam being deleted on them ? 

Sometimes it is spam being deleted, other times it is a bug ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Attention web admin – bug on the forum, marking threads as “unread” at regular intervals.

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.11.03 12:36

Attention web admin – bug on the forum, marking threads as “unread” at regular intervals.

At least every week, sometimes even daily, the forum resets all the threads I have commented on recently, and marks them as “unread”. Sometimes I have to go back several pages in each section, to reopen these threads to mark them as “read” again.  

This is a pain, because I can no longer tell when someone has responded to a thread I commented on because I have all these extra threads marked as “unread” with no recent activity on them.

Please note that this is not the same as when moderators deleted spam on a thread and it gets marked as “unread” again. This is specifically ALL the threads I have commented on over the last cycle.

Anyone else that is a regular commenter noticing this too?  

Fernando Carreiro #:

Sometimes it is spam being deleted, other times it is a bug ...

Exactly , there seems to be an interval . Something automated running in the backend maybe ?

MQL4/5 have make Maintenance Update.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I don't think there is any issue with read topics, but I see a large decrease of new topics and users' participation in the forum since the soccer world cup started...

I don't think its related , why would someone stop caring about forex when the world cup starts ? xD , i mean people are weird but ...

Lorentzos Roussos #:

I don't think its related , why would someone stop caring about forex when the world cup starts ? xD , i mean people are weird but ...

92% of forex traders are men, according to forex demographics Lorentzo and you still think that the world cup has nothing to do with the massive decrease of users' participation in the forum?

I was having a hard time keeping up with new topics and answers in the forum since the world cup started and now for the past week whenever I turn on my computer I see only a few of things need attention, so some relation must be there...

Eleni Anna Branou #:

92% of forex traders are men, according to forex demographics Lorentzo and you still think that the world cup has nothing to do with the massive decrease of users' participation in the forum?

I was having a hard time keeping up with new topics and answers in the forum since the world cup started and now for the past week whenever I turn on my computer I see only a few of things need attention, so some relation must be there...

Could it be due to  the MT5 app being removed from the app store ? Was that last month or earlier ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Could it be due to  the MT5 app being removed from the app store ? Was that last month or earlier ? 

That didn't help too Lorentzo, but it was 2 months ago, the sudden drop in my view came a week ago.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

That didn't help too Lorentzo, but it was 2 months ago, the sudden drop in my view came a week ago.

My understanding is that there must be some automatic system that classifies where a topic should go I have observed comments being labeled as off topic ,same as products being downloaded 

Amos Tsopotsa #: My understanding is that there must be some automatic system that classifies where a topic should go I have observed comments being labeled as off topic ,same as products being downloaded 
"Off-topic" is NOT automatic. It is managed by the moderators.
Reason: