Is Stoploss is a Loss ?

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry if there is already a topic about this.

When backtesting, if the backtest is hitting a StopLoss is it considering as a Loss ? Even if the StopLoss is a Win (with TrailingStop) ?

Beceause , it's hard a see the result of the Backtesting if even if it's a win if it hit the StopLoss.

Is my question clear ?

Thank you for you time 

Of course not, the closure of a positive/profitable trade at a stop loss, doesn't categorize it in the losing trades but in the winners.

Vincannes: Hi everyone. I'm sorry if there is already a topic about this. When backtesting, if the backtest is hitting a StopLoss is it considering as a Loss ? Even if the StopLoss is a Win (with TrailingStop) ? Beceause , it's hard a see the result of the Backtesting if even if it's a win if it hit the StopLoss. Is my question clear ? Thank you for you time 

A Stop-Loss does not necessarily have to always be a loss, just as Take-Profit does not necessarily have to be a profit.

One can have a stop-loss occur at break-even or as a profit (e.g. a trailing stop), just as one can also have a take-profit be at break-even or as a loss.

As far as metrics goes, irrespective of a position being closed by a stop-loss or a take-profit, it will be considered a win if it closes in profit or break-even, and will be considered a loss if it closes in a loss.

Reason: