Are market product's files visible to buyers?

Hello

I imagine a developer having to include a valuable text file with a product. Can this text file be viewed by the buyer?

Lativ_: Can this text file be viewed by the buyer?

Of course, buy the product and you have access.

If you include that file as a resource, then no.

It will be part of the ex5 file in this case, and therefore it will be encrypted.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
If you include that file as a resource, then no.

It will be part of the ex5 file in this case, and therefore it will be encrypted.

Can you please clarify this to me since I seem to be too slow to grasp the Recourses article here .

Can .bin files be included as resources too? I thought they are not allowed

Sharing  an OPP based EA, all #include will be added as resources too?

Use of Resources in MQL5
Use of Resources in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 programs not only automate routine calculations, but also can create a full-featured graphical environment. The functions for creating truly interactive controls are now virtually the same rich, as those in classical programming languages. If you want to write a full-fledged stand-alone program in MQL5, use resources in them. Programs with resources are easier to maintain and distribute.

William Roeder #:

Of course, buy the product and you have access.

What if part of the strategy is to save something somewhere as a back up and you don't want that to be revealed, otherwise you would share your strategy on codebase

So, if you want to store binary data in a Textfile, recode it to base64.

If you want to protect the content, encrypt the file.

If you want to be able to exchange, save or somehow alter the file, do not use resources, use a physical file.

Remember, files in ex5 programs are restricted to the file sandboxes.

If you need a permanent file, without altering, so to say as an initial file, put it in as resource, if the external file is not available, Fall back to the internal resource "file" / content.

EDIT:

Include files are source code files, they will be compiled at compile time. The resulting binary will be part of the ex5 file.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
So, if you want to store binary data in a Textfile, recode it to base64.

If you want to protect the content, encrypt the file.

If you want to be able to exchange, save or somehow alter the file, do not use resources, use a physical file.

Remember, files in ex5 programs are restricted to the file sandboxes.

If you need a permanent file, without altering, so to say as an initial file, put it in as resource, if the external file is not available, Fall back to the internal resource "file" / content.

EDIT:

Include files are source code files, they will be compiled at compile time. The resulting binary will be part of the ex5 file.

Everything is clear now Thanks

Reason: