percetage profit

I put $196 in my account, then I withdrew $96.

I registered the account with MQL5 as a private signal. MQL5 registered the dollar amount profit of my account correctly, but recorded the percentage profit as a percentage of the original $196, even though I had withdrawn $96.

I then withdrew all the money in my account.

My question is, if I re-deposit the $100 (now, in the same month as the other transactions), will it record the results as a percentage of $100, or the original $196 that I had in my account?

Many thanks

Neil Michael Riddell:

I put $196 in my account, then I withdrew $96.

I registered the account with MQL5 as a private signal. MQL5 registered the dollar amount profit of my account correctly, but recorded the percentage profit as a percentage of the original $196, even though I had withdrawn $96.

I then withdrew all the money in my account.

My question is, if I re-deposit the $100 (now, in the same month as the other transactions), will it record the results as a percentage of $100, or the original $196 that I had in my account?

Many thanks

If the profit was recorded with the $196 and then you withdraw the $96, that is correct.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If the profit was recorded with the $196 and then you withdraw the $96, that is correct.

Hi Elena, how are you?  Hope you are well. The thing about this question Elena is, I had already withdrawn the $96 and it still kept calculating the profit based on the $196 instead of the $100 that was left. That’s why I’d love to know, having withdrawn the $100, if I put it back in, whether my percentages would be based on that, rather than the $196 in the account I started the month with. What do you think? Thanks, Neil

Neil Michael Riddell #:
Hi Elena, how are you?  Hope you are well. The thing about this question Elena is, I had already withdrawn the $96 and it still kept calculating the profit based on the $196 instead of the $100 that was left. That’s why I’d love to know, having withdrawn the $100, if I put it back in, whether my percentages would be based on that, rather than the $196 in the account I started the month with. What do you think? Thanks, Neil

Hi Neil, the profit of each trade that is closed, is calculated on the current balance, so the profit from your new closed trades will be based on the new lower balance.

The total growth of your signal, will still include the results from the higher balance period.

You will see the difference on a new month.

PS. Talk about personal ventures is not allowed in the forum, so I deleted a part of your comment.
Reason: