OOP vs procedural programming - page 47

Комбинатор:
What's a plus-size converter got to do with it?

Oh yeah, you still have to rewrite it by hand.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

You can convert mql to c++, it's quite easy and I know there are people here who do it... You get a very limited subset of c++ (in fact c-classes), but the code is used in both MT and c++ projects.

But to convert arbitrary C++ to mql - alas and ah. A little bit applied templates, took good in STL, God forbid address arithmetic and that's it, the code is not convertible. The languages are similar, but no more than that.

By the way, from pascal the converter is more realistic, only the game is not worth the effort

Is there anything interesting in pascal that could be converted to mql? ))

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Is there anything interesting in pascal that can be converted to mql? ))

There's nothing worth converting to mql anywhere.

Anything you have can be plugged in through a DLL.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Nowhere is there anything worth converting to mql.

Everything available can be chained through a DLL.

Well, not just through a DLL. You can, for example, use file sharing. With RAM-Disk over 1.5 GBytes/second is enough for everything. And the ease of implementation is extraordinary. I used to use it as a temporary solution. Now via DLL. But when it is necessary to make it fast, there is no better file.

For those who do not know how to work with DLL - great option to integrate third-party software with MQL.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Well, not just through the DLL. You can, for example, do file sharing. With a RAM-Disk, over 1.5 GBytes/second is enough for everything. And the ease of implementation is extraordinary. I used to use it as a temporary solution. Now via DLL. But when it is necessary to make it fast, there is no better file.

For those who do not know how to work with dll - this is a good option of integrating third-party software with MQL.

I have never built dll, do you have a good link to read it?

(Is it easier than rewriting code from pluses to mql? )

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I've never built a dll, do you have any good links to read it?

is it easier than rewriting code from pluses to mql? )

Look on MSDN, like - development of C++ dlls. Check there.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Look on MSDN, like - development of DLL C++. You may find it there.

Now it turns out that it takes a lot of time to build a dll from a library, too.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Now it will turn out that to build a dll from a library also takes a lot of time

It will turn out))

Use file exchange via RAM and don't bother. The result is not worse.

PS If TC will work, you can always switch to dll.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It will turn out)).

Use file exchange via RAM and don't bother. The result will be no worse.

I won't even read it :) I use frames anyway, but I prefer to rewrite everything.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

but I still prefer to rewrite everything, so that you understand a little bit of the logic of the library.

From the point of view of OOP - absolutely wrong approach. Your business is TC, not rewriting already created and working code.

Reason: