Hunting for Stop Losses - page 5

Комбинатор:

2. the foot chase is there, it is clearly visible and its presence is evident

How about a refill?

I once had an acquaintance who I made some simple EAs for. He claimed that brokerage company was "chasing" his stops. I had to make an EA with virtual stops, in which stops were not placed, but the order was closed as soon as the price reached the stop position.

And strangely enough, the "stop chase" continued. The DC incomprehensibly knew where the EA was going to place the SL and knocked it out. I was even told that "DC has access to the EA's memory through the terminal, deciphers it and finds out exactly what stop was set". Isn't that nonsense?

The funny thing is that it is the owners of small deposits that yell about "stop hunting" the most. As if these miserable $10

What proof do you have of "stop hunting"?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You can trade corn CFD through MT4, it makes no difference where you trade, the price goes up and down everywhere.

In forex it is a bit easier to predict price movements, there are a lot of tools for that, but to trade cotton or soybeans, you have to take into account a lot of factors, the same rains in Colombia and floods in India, so I tried it and did not like it at all.

I've tried rains in Colombia and floods in India, I didn't like it at all. I have a good idea to try trading in america, but it's not a piece of cake there either, but it is interesting.

I may try it someday when I get rich) so far I'm good at one currency pair and i just dropped all pairs and i got results

George Merts:

Can I have a reflection?

)))) I wonder how you envisage it. And if you realise how absurd your request is.

George Merts:

Can you give me a reflection?

Once I had an acquaintance who I made some simple EAs for, and he claimed that DC "chased his stops". I had to make an EA with virtual stops, in which stops were not placed, but the order was closed as soon as the price reached the place where a stop should have been.

And strangely enough, the "stop chase" continued. The DC incomprehensibly found out where the EA was going to place the SL and knocked it out. I was even told that "DC has access to the EA's memory through the terminal, deciphers it and finds out exactly what stop was set". Isn't that nonsense?

The funny thing is that the owners of small deposits shout about "stop hunting" the most. As if these poor $10 deposits are vitally necessary for the brokerage companies

What proof do you have of stop hunting?

It doesn't mean that the DC does the hunting. The market price goes where the smaller volume is, respectively to the stops of larger volume.

George Merts:

Can you give me a reflection?

Some time ago I had an acquaintance who I made some simple EAs for, and he claimed that DC "chased his stops". I had to make an EA with virtual stops, in which stops were not placed, but the order was closed as soon as the price reached the place where a stop should have been.

And strangely enough, the "stop chase" continued. The DC incomprehensibly found out where the EA was going to place the SL and knocked it out. I was even told that "DC has access to the EA's memory through the terminal, deciphers it and finds out exactly what stop was set". Isn't it nonsense?

The funny thing is that it is the owners of small deposits that yell about "stop hunting" the most. As if these miserable $10

What proof do you have of "stop hunting"?

What are you talking about? What proof are you talking about?) This is Forex! Here, even 2 +2 does not have to be 4, and as much as you need! Well, if you still want to understand why the race for stops is real, then study the chart, study it GOOD!

I read somewhere:

A managing trader goes to work, comes to shine his shoes, and in the process asks the cleaner a question: "Where will JM stock go?" The cleaner doesn't hesitate to say, "Of course it's going up."

The manager comes into the office, and he says: "Sell JM stock immediately," because even the cleaner knows it's going up, so it's going down.

Moral is: Price goes against the crowd. However, that is what we often see.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I read somewhere:

A managing trader goes to work, comes to shine his shoes, and in the process asks the cleaner a question: "Where will JM stock go?" The cleaner doesn't hesitate to say, "Of course it's going up."

The manager comes into the office, and he says: "Sell JM stock immediately," because even the cleaner knows it's going up, so it's going down.

Moral is: Price goes against the crowd. Which is what we often see, though.

yes it's true if it wasn't so people were making money

Комбинатор:
))) I wonder how you imagine it. And whether you realise how absurd your request is.

Any logical explanation will do for me.

And my rebuttal is right there, above. The virtualisation of stops - does not increase the probability of winning in the slightest. If the DC were "chasing stops" - I think real stops would be knocked out more often than virtual ones.

Maksim Neimerik:
What are you talking about?! What proof are you talking about?)) This is Forex! Here, even 2 +2 does not have to be 4, and as much as you need! Well, if you still want to understand why the race for stops is real, then study the chart, GOOD study!

That's right, I'm trying to study - and I don't see any "race". I regularly have a few pips that don't reach the stop. If someone were chasing them, they'd probably be knocked out by studs... But they don't. If my stop was outrun, after half an hour I would say to myself, "It's a good thing the stop was there, because the price went the wrong way"...

It is easy to check. We write a simple Expert Advisor on the intersection of MA and moving average that sets real stops. And the same exact Expert Advisor, exposing virtual stops. Then we run them both in trade. If there is a "race to the stop," then the one with real stops should have more losses than the one with virtual ones.

Shall we check it?

George Merts:

Any logical explanation will do for me.

And my objection is over there, above. The virtualisation of stops - does not increase the probability of winning at all. If the DC was "chasing stops" - I think real stops would be beaten out more often than virtual ones.

They're not chasing your stop)))) but the crowd, and the fact that you put virtual stops proves nothing at all. If only all traders used virtual stops... that would hardly change the situation either))))
Reason: