The philosophy of algotrading - page 2

Oh, yeah!

Yesterday I wrote it down in my bio:

All(any) elements of Technical Analysis are the second derivative of elements of Fundamental Analysis!

... Well?! xPhilosophical:)

fxsaber:

Definition: Human activity is parasitic if it does not bring any benefit to society.

Sometimes one hears the bold statement that IT is parasitic. That is, all the benefits that IT has supposedly brought are in fact self-defeating. For example, meta-quotes are parasites from this point of view, because they do not bring anything useful to society, while sucking out the universal benefits that are produced by that society. This is a broad topic (IT is a parasite) and everyone decides for themselves. But probably not many will revive the unpleasant label on a familiar IT-related phenomenon.

Algotrading is one of the most parasitic spheres of human activity and also one of the most intelligent among them.

Accordingly, an algotrader is an intellectual parasite of society.

Any justification that algotrading stimulates the development of new technologies (algorithms+physics+microelectronics, etc.) are actually just excuses. So are the myths about creating so-called liquidity that is good for the economy.

I haven't come across any algotraders myself who care about this issue. Because it is a subaltern one, i.e. not at all down-to-earth. Or maybe it's because I haven't met many of them.

Come on, you gotta be honest with yourself. My karma's been messed up for millennia. So what? )) It doesn't matter.

A lot of things in this world are parasitic, including what we sit on the Internet ... Let's go work with a shovel and herd sheep, shall we?

fxsaber:

Definition: Human activity is parasitic if it does not bring any benefit to society.

Sometimes one hears the bold statement that IT is parasitic. That is, all the benefits that IT has supposedly brought are in fact self-defeating. For example, meta-quotes are parasites from this point of view, because they do not bring anything useful to society, while sucking out the universal benefits that are produced by that society. This is a broad topic (IT is a parasite) and everyone decides for themselves. But probably not many will revive the unpleasant label on a familiar IT-related phenomenon.

Algotrading is one of the most parasitic spheres of human activity and also one of the most intelligent among them.

Accordingly, an algotrader is an intellectual parasite of society.

Any justification that algotrading stimulates the development of new technologies (algorithms+physics+microelectronics, etc.) are actually just excuses. So are the myths about creating so-called liquidity that is good for the economy.

I haven't come across any algotraders myself who care about this issue. Because it is a subaltern one, i.e. not at all down-to-earth. Or, maybe, because I have not met many of them.

all human activities are detrimental)

And if algotrading helps to divert at least some part of humanity from parasitic activities, then it is good.

Vladimir Zubov:
A lot of things in this world are parasitic, including what we sit on the Internet ... Let's all work with a shovel and herd sheep, shall we?
If computerization and robotization continue to evolve, most will become parasites. Remember the Luddite riots in England during the first industrial revolution.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
If computerisation and robotisation continue to develop, most will become parasites. Think of the Luddite riots in England during the first industrial revolution.
Not not parasites - traders. Trader sounds proudly, but for speculation Stalin shot, and an acquaintance exchanger served 12 years, and even a large bribe was not taken... in essence what all businessmen do is to produce surplus value, taking great risks to make goods that may not go, i.e. they also take cheap - they serve expensive at tens and hundreds of times the cost, money in our case is the same product only we go after sharks and elephants and pluck it away... And a measly 5% ... they don't even return the money we invested (flushed, so to speak - poured into the DC's pockets) - they also make good money ...

Сергей Криушин:
Not parasites - traders. A trader sounds proud, but Stalin used to shoot people for speculation, and an acquaintance of mine did 12 years in prison, and not even a big bribe was taken... in essence what all businessmen do is to produce surplus value, taking great risks to make goods that may not go, i.e. they also take cheap - they serve expensive at tens and hundreds of times the cost, money in our case is the same product only we go after sharks and elephants and pluck it away... And a measly 5% ... they don't even return the money we invested (flushed, so to speak - poured into the pockets of the brokerage house) - they make good money ...
Have you done it yourself, studying the market, the competition, supply and demand at a given location? Do you think it's easy to bring a product closer to your home that you might not buy, or is that not a job?

Vladimir Zubov:
Have you done it yourself, studying the market, the competition, supply and demand in a particular location? Do you think it is easy to bring a product closer to your home that you might not buy, or is that not a job?
Sergei is just watching too many soap operas. Hence the profits hundreds of times over... The soap operas were all about dealing drugs ))

There is a suggestion to philosophise over this graph

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6380764/eurnzd-m5-metaquotes-software-corp

What should be the lot and the odds so that the last knee could be safely taken down and remain in the black. The number of knees is more than 2

Let's assume that there are shorts and I want to trawl the price of the last open

График EURNZD, M5, 2017.01.08 22:29 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo
График EURNZD, M5, 2017.01.08 22:29 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: EURNZD. Период графика: M5. Брокер: MetaQuotes Software Corp.. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Demo. Дата: 2017.01.08 22:29 UTC.

trader781:

There is a suggestion to philosophise over this graph

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6380764/eurnzd-m5-metaquotes-software-corp

What should be the lot and the odds so that the last knee could be safely taken down and remain in the black. The number of knees is more than 2

Let's assume that there are shorts and I want to trawl the price of the last open

Ugh, it's August...Not interested, any fool would look at the history now. Today (09.01.2017) will rise to 1.52 and turn to shorts
Reason: