For those who are convinced that all EAs with a martin are losing out. - page 19

I_SPQR_I:
I will express my opinion: this is not entirely true. With properly chosen parameters and sufficient account size the Expert Advisor can overcome in principle any drawdown and can even get an increased profit in such cases (after all, the size of compensating trades increases, and with it the possible profit). The difficulty is to determine the universal parameters.
With properly chosen parameters and sufficient account size it will simply lose a little later. If you try to use martin under any sauce you will at most take your own.

moskitman:

Can we see the equity? The balance graph doesn't tell you much. I'm sure the equity level is pecking away at just under the "critical value".

according to the author, the drawdown is not more than 50%

moskitman:
If you try to use martin under any sauce, you will at most take your own.

this is only true in real conditions when the deposit size and trade size are finite. but if theoretically, it's a 100% winning strategy.

You will have to trade practically.

moskitman:
You will have to trade practically.

I couldn't agree more

moskitman:

Can we see the equity? The balance graph doesn't tell you much. I'm sure the equity level is pecking away at just about the "critical value".

And it wasn't about the steps, it was about the amount of no-backlash that the owl is able to overcome. So this value is inversely proportional to its profitability.

1.The tester does not present such a possibility.

2. If there is a sideways trend, the profit is very small, because the total lot of positions to be closed is small. The total lot of positions to be closed becomes larger in case of a flat trend. If you do not understand this, then I am powerless).

khorosh:
I think I've answered your question quite well. As for experiments, leave it to me to decide when and how to do them. I have done a lot of them since 2006. One thing I can say is that I don't put any expert on the real without checking what you are talking about.

Still, I hope that in the near future you will let us know about the results of my proposed emulations of the forward tests.

I_SPQR_I:

Still, I hope that in the near future you will let us know about the results of my proposed emulation of the forward tests.

the best test is live trading. the best test is live trading.

the best test is live trading.

sergeev:

there's a point? you can fit anything to a forward position. and this expo is no exception.

the best test is live trading.

That's what's going up at the link is most likely back-testing. And real-time trading is essentially the same as forward testing: quotes as they come out - immediately became history. Moreover, it is impossible to select the correct parameters for this new history. Hence, these are the bottom losing charts.

I_SPQR_I:

Still, I hope you will let us know in the near future about the results of my proposed forward test emulations.

If that's the way you want it. Here is a test of an EA whose parameters were determined as a result of optimisation on the interval 01.01.2007 - 01.01.2009

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period15 Minutes (M15) 1999.01.04 10:15 - 2013.05.17 22:59 (1999.01.01 - 2013.05.18)
ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)

Bars in history356839Modelled ticks712324Modeling qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors0
Initial deposit20000.00
Net profit201604.88Total profit289416.14Total loss-87811.26
Profitability3.30Expectation of winning32.14
Absolute drawdown114.87Maximum drawdown51407.86 (24.86%)Relative drawdown33.34% (21642.17)
Total trades6273Short positions (% win)2628 (64.42%)Long positions (% win)3645 (64.47%)
Profitable trades (% of all)4043 (64.45%)Loss trades (% of all)2230 (35.55%)
Largestprofitable trade17902.79losing deal-1795.33
Averageprofitable deal71.58losing trade-39.38
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)15 (1033.32)Continuous losses (loss)9 (-5337.34)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)20881.85 (2)Continuous loss (number of losses)-6351.80 (7)
Averagecontinuous winnings3Continuous loss2

Reason: