Create a simple Martingale - page 9

_new-rena:
I wonder how much the annual interest is, not 100 per cent?
No matter how much, it would not suit you. You want a $10 advisor to make a million in a year or less).

khorosh:
No matter how much, it's definitely not going to work for you. You want a $10 advisor to make a million in a year or less).
Right. Seen the balance from the real to you in the branch threw. Maybe so martini? No, uh... it can't be. 60 trades and a ten-fold deposit... 60 trades is death for a martini!

_new-rena:
That's right. Seen the balance from the real to your branch threw in. How about a martini? No, uh... it can't be. 60 trades and a ten-fold deposit...
I wasn't trying to convince anyone here that martin is the best way to make money. Whoever has what, makes what. If you increased your deposit 10 times for 60 trades, it means you traded a big share of it, you took a big risk and God grant you continued to be so lucky).

Imho, martingale is not a trading strategy, but a good addition to a stable, albeit small, earning EA without deep drawdowns, which does not produce a large number of losing trades in a row.

In this case it might be a good idea to

Usual_Trader:

Imho, martingale is not a trading strategy, but a good addition to a stable, albeit small, earning EA without deep drawdowns, which does not produce a large number of losing trades in a row.

In this case it might be a good idea to

Only novices or incompetent people indulge in martin in such a pure form. In order for an EA with a martin to make money, entries and exits should be with TA.

khorosh:
If you do not know what to do with it, you may ask your trader for a small deposit. For an EA with a martin to make money, entries and exits should be with TA.

I believe there is often misunderstanding between those discussing in this thread and not only here. The example of loss-making EAs that miraculously become profitable through the help of martin is often cited. Imho, this kind of Expert Advisor is very dangerous to use. If not today, tomorrow it will lose anyway.

But I think it's necessary to add it to a good strategy. I use it, but the lot is not increased twice, but depending on other factors and to a certain value only.

Usual_Trader:

But I think it's necessary to add it to a good strategy. I use it, but the lot is not increased by 2 times, but depending on other factors and to a certain value only

Quite reasonable. I second that.

khorosh:
Makes perfect sense. I second that.

This is certainly a possibility. But wouldn't that lead to additional risk in the main strategy, which already has its PM? I.e. we have to significantly reduce the lot size of the main strategy, hoping for a martini? Well, it's nonsense, isn't it?

For martini it is dangerous to go flat, am I right?

_new-rena:

A flat is dangerous for a martini, am I right?

No, if your main strategy (entry-exit) contravenes flat, then your strategy with a martin will also contravene it.

If your strategy without a martin makes money on a flat, then it will make money with a martin.

Usual_Trader:

No, if your main strategy (entry-exit) flat is contraindicated, then your strategy with a Martin is contraindicated.

If your strategy makes money on a flat without a martin, it will also make money with a martin.

You're wrong. For a Martin, a flat is death! He will bail out only on the trend, if everything comes together....

Our probability of winning is below 0.22, multiplied by the number of flips. That's almost zero...

Reason: