What ways do you know of to increase profitability? - page 8

YOUNGA:

And how do you increase profitability with non-permanent risk?

The other question first needs to be answered - why is the risk being made non-permanent?

Then the first question will (most likely) fall away by itself because it makes no sense).

sergeyas:

The other question first needs to be answered - why is the risk being made non-permanent?

Then the first question will (most likely) fall away by itself due to a lack of meaning.)

If the system works steadily and there are no more than 2-3 losses, why not increase the lot after the 3rd one?

man, it's real after three moose - a fourth in the real world...

BeerGod:

Well, let me give you my "five cents" if the system works steadily and more than 2-3 lots in the history of observation have not occurred in a row, why not increase the lot after the 3rd moose?

You have answered (reasonably!) the question "why the risk is not constant" - for greater profits.

The first question has now lost its meaning - the green traffic light cannot be any greener).

Well this is not a tester, why not increase the lot by a factor of 2-4 after a moose? In my opinion this is the work with a non-permanent risk.

and there doesn't seem to be any acceleration in the report

BeerGod:

Well, this is not a tester, why not increase the lot by 2-4 times after a loss ? In my opinion this is the work with non-permanent risk.

Yes, increase the lot as long as you have a high degree of system reliability.

But... an unreasonable increase in risk is nothing more than reducing the reliability of the system.

Increase in risk - the key phrase, which means an increase in the likelihood of losses and the collapse of even a profitable strategy.

Increasing the lot and increasing the risk are not the same thing, neither are increasing the profit and increasing the profitability.

Who the hell knows what system the author was talking about, each system has its own approach, and if everything is in general, then it's talk of nothing ...

YOUNGA:

How do you increase profitability at a variable risk?

The task of determining the optimal lot size based on the current balance (or equity) and the loss limit - I don't remember where I saw it, try googling it.

In my opinion, there is a plugin for MT4 that automatically calculates this size.

BeerGod:

If the system works consistently and there are no more than 2-3 losses, why not increase the lot size after the 3rd one?
You can increase it, but you have to understand that the absence of the 4th consecutive loss in the history does not mean its absence in the future.
Reason: