MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 65

Mathemat: Once again, the Metakwots are just trying to get away from the kitchens.

Aleksey, after your REASONS, nothing but ZABOR (with its aspirations and dreams - like "member of the CPSU", "Vasya loves Vasya", etc...) comes to mind... :(((

Once again: about motivation. Who pays for a developer's labours? As a trader, have you ever paid anything to a developer??? The main payer is these very CUSHERS you mentioned, because EVERYTHING that is NOT a BROKER (financial market participant) is a CUSHING. And the term Dealing Centre is a surrogate that lives on bookmaker trading.
And by your logic, we are about to experience a HISTORICAL moment when NASVIDALLO sticks its head in a noose and kindly pulls a stool out from under it... I WANT TO SEE IT!!!

Mathemat:

Come on, Yuri. And what does Microsoft do every few years? And they can't stop, because hardware is getting faster and smarter, and you have to run after it. I've just got used to seven, but eight is here, it's almost out...

But I have the opportunity to use XP, which still has support. And then, of course, progress is unstoppable. But people have preferences and habits and you don't have to force them to give them up.

Hello, MetaQuotes! I want to thank you for setting standards for automated trading! Thanks to your MT5, I wrote my strategy tester in Matlab, where it is possible to test quotes from paid history providers. I think I did it correctly, because I diligently read all the pages of this branch, and I cannot fail to notice your insistence on complete isolation from third-party providers of quotes!

Well done!

renegate:
Hello, MetaQuotes! I want to thank you for setting standards for automated trading! Thanks to your MT5, I wrote my strategy tester in Matlab, where I can test quotes from paid history providers. I think I did it correctly, because I diligently read all the pages of this branch, and I cannot fail to notice your insistence on complete isolation from third-party providers of quotes!

Thank you, and good luck to you too!

I am sure that the personal experience of writing a tester will give you a lot of interesting knowledge.

Although, Renat, do you happen to be buying an esignal the other day?

jelizavettka:

Who knows, is it possible for MT5 dealer to secretly delete trades retroactively or change their parameters like on MT4?

The prices can be manipulated, the requotes can definitely be manipulated... The thermal freeze can probably also be simulated...

If the owl is alive, then it is not a big problem to find a reliable brokerage company, for example a brokerage company attached to a bank or regulated.

TarasBY:

Aleksey, after your REASONS, nothing but ZABOR (with its aspirations and dreams - like "member of the CPSU", "Vasya loves Vasya", etc...) comes to mind... :(((

Once again: about motivation. Who pays for a developer's work? Have you ever paid anything to a developer as a trader? The main payer is these very CUSHES you mentioned, because EVERYTHING that is NOT a BROKER (financial market participant) is CUSHES. And the term Dealing Centre is a surrogate that lives on bookmaker trading.
And by your logic, we are about to experience a HISTORICAL moment when ODIRALO puts his head in a noose and kindly pulls a stool out from under him... I WANT TO SEE IT!!!

Alexei is absolutely right. MQ is not the same company now as it was when MT3 and even MT4 were created. It is now an influential software company, dictating its standards for trading currencies on the spot. They have a lot of experience and know-how in this area and can dictate their will and conditions to any dealing centres. But the exchange trading segment is a completely different business. The capital rules there, and no one will follow the tune of the company that has just entered this business. If it turns out that the big man needs something else, that will be a bad signal. So far, you cannot even say roughly how MT5 will work in an exchange environment, because there are not even relevant examples.

C-4: It is now an influential software company that dictates its standards for trading currencies on the spot.
What are "its standards"?

"It's going to be a lot harder on the five, because the five is not aiming for a betting market, but a civilised and strictly regulated market." I agree, Alexey! Good words!
Reason: