Do you think I should go for a real trading account? - page 4

granit77:

Experience has shown that lots up to 1.0 on EURUSD open/close without any problems. After that, the execution time progressively increases. On low-liquid symbols the threshold is even lower.
Therefore, there is no point in testing and preparing strategies that use large lots for the real account. Leave them until the time when you can negotiate special working conditions with your broker.

Conclusion: You will not get rich quick. But even with such lots there is still a lot of room for activity.

I see! But here's a slightly off-topic question, what are the benefits of traders? (I mean in the direct sense of the word, or is it just speculation to make money? I don't know if there is any higher mission in trading.)

asimox:

I see! But a slightly off-topic question, what is the use of traders anyway? (I mean literally, or is it just speculation to make money? Is there some kind of higher mission in trading).

There is, but it's not much - they provide constant liquidity in the financial markets. But when there are too many of them, then they are hunted down (crisis).

asimox:

I see! But a slightly off-topic question, what is the use of traders anyway? (I mean literally, or is it just speculation to make money? I think we should ask whether there is some kind of higher mission in trading.)

The highest mission of "trading" ("speculating") is to preserve the renown of the dollar.

granit77:
Just an opinion.
I have a very good bank broker who swears he allows any pips and any lot size, BUT!
- the more honest a broker is, the worse its conditions for pipsing
Conclusion: you will not get rich quick. But even with such lots there is a great scope for activity.

I will also give my humble opinion. I have recently started working for a civilised Western broker.

Immediately I felt a huge difference in the quality of the approach to customer service. The platform provides direct access to commodity exchanges and the foreign exchange market. Orders are executed instantly - a fraction of a second.

Pips? - For God's sake, a "civilized" broker needs only that, because he gets his living from the commission! Especially, pipsing by the market - there is particularly evident supply and demand, and even theoretically it is impossible to imagine an incorrect slippage and/or worse execution.

With low-liquid instruments (and their spreads) you can even influence the market movements with mini contracts (1 lot) significantly - it can also be seen in the market glass.

As to trade in MT4, I have the following opinion. For technical analysis mt4 is the best! Especially for traders who are familiar with MQL programming and have implemented trading based on their own Inductions/Scripts/Advisors. Also mt4 is ideal for automated trading and strategy testing.

But it is possible to trade only with small capital (maximum 1.5-3 thousands quid). The developers here (in MT4) initially included regulated possibility to overtake clients (delays, freezes, slippage, selection of the worst quote from the stream, etc.). The CFTC is inundated with complaints! The regulations of brokerage companies do not stand up to criticism lately. Take for example: "There is a queue (!) to execute pending orders".

And recently in the well known brokerage company there has been discovered a point (I quote):

"In case of insufficient liquidity from liquidity providers at the order level, the Company may execute Buy Stop, Sell Stop and Stop Loss orders at the best available price at the time of order execution. " (c) - I'm not even commenting on it (go check that "liquidity")! After this condition - hardly anyone in his right mind would entrust this brokerage company with a large amount, even with ersndd execution.

But I would repeat, with small deposits, within a few thousand quid (at most) - to trade with reasonable very small lots in MT4 is very convenient and comfortable! Especially for beginner traders - it is the best way to acquire trading skills.

==============

It was announced recently that mt5 was accredited on russian stock exchange. I hope mt5 is free from all the "regulated" negatives that mt4 has. Otherwise there would be no accreditation.

leonid553:

Yeah - "who's in trouble? - If a bad dancer's balls get in the way, then (correctly) they should be cut off.

The problem is that when you trade with unreasonable risks, with a leverage of 100, with irrepressible desire to make a million dollars per year with 100 USD, you should blame the brokerage company or the developers of the terminal - anyone, but not the trader himself.

abolk:

Yeah - "who's in trouble? - If a bad dancer's balls get in the way, then (correctly) they should be cut off.

As for trading with unreasonable risks, with a leverage of 100, the irrepressible desire to make a million dollars per year from 100 USD - the blame belongs to DCs, developers of the terminal - anyone, but not the trader himself.

Are you saying" bad dancer"? Are you sure you are not mistaken?

- my trading is freely available on one of the trading forums. I've been describing every (well, almost) of my trades there in advance (!) for about half a year now. And at the same time, my monthly profit is +8 to +18% per month!

So if you suddenly decided to accuse me of being a "bad dancer" - then point out exactly where I'm wrong in my message.

leonid553:

abolk, you say "bad dancer"? - My trading is freely available on one of the trading forums. I've been describing each (well, almost) of my trades there in advance (!) for about half a year now. And at the same time, my monthly profit is +8 to +18% per month!

All of a sudden you decided to accuse me of being a "bad dancer" - just point out where I'm wrong in my message.

Specifically! - and not a general, empty excuse.

Sorry, I wasn't reproaching you - my comment was NOT personalised - I was simply expressing my opinion on your post.

No offence

the possibility of overcharging clients (delays, hangups, slippages, selection of the worst quote from the stream, etc.).

Let me explain my point:

when trading with a spread of 2-3 pips, allowable level of stop loss/stack from 3-4 pips - is slippage of 2-3 pips really that important under such trading conditions?

and these trading conditions are not concealed by the brokerage company

abolk:

Let me clarify my thought:

when trading with a spread of 2-3 pips, an allowable stop loss/stop loss level of 3-4 pips - is a 2-3 pips slippage really that important under these trading conditions?

and no one is hiding these trading conditions

That's exactly what I have. And I'm not complaining.

abolk:

Let me clarify my thought:

when trading with a spread of 2-3 pips, an allowable stop loss/stop loss level of 3-4 pips - is a 2-3 pips slippage really that important under these trading conditions?

and no one is hiding these trading conditions

So why is it that no one can make money? Is it the DC or the traders themselves?

Reason: