About profound advice like "follow the price!" - page 8

Mathemat:

This one?

Technically, yes, it is a five-wave pattern, but it is not an impulse pattern, it is a correction pattern. It is a tapering triangle, a typical corrective pattern with a 3-3-3-3-3 structure. It is usually followed by an impulse towards the impulse of a larger wave pattern.

Yes, that's exactly the correction I had in mind. The five-wave wave did not take place, in reality it turned out to be a three-wave wave. So initially I was interested in a question: why the five-wave was predicted, on what it is based, in fact the corrected three-wave occurs much more often, than the five-wave. But I never got an answer:(.

Mathemat:

Yuri, it's a wavemaker's job to make mistakes and rework scenarios. Incidentally, an erroneous scenario does not necessarily lead to losses.

Even Prechter & Co. make mistakes, and there is no tragedy in that.8

Only he who is not wrong is not wrong

khorosh:

Yes, that's exactly the correction I had in mind. The five-wave did not happen, in reality it was a three-wave. So initially I was interested in a question: why the five-wave was predicted, on what it is based, in fact the corrected three-wave occurs much more often, than the five-wave. But I have not received an answer.

You know, there are no words..., the second time...., the first time in a branch "Club......" on this site, from you, an accusation that did not receive the answer, and it was there, and now, I same answer, several posts above. Rare phenomenon when the B-wave in a zigzag is larger than the A-wave.You either don't read it or you laugh at me. When the B-wave exceeded the A-wave, it was acceptable to assume that some pattern was forming, different from a zig-zag, which I did, but I was wrong, but it is also hard to call it a mistake. B-1, the movement is within the impulse, i.e. the local correction pattern is formed within the main impulse pattern that is not over. B-2, the price has not risen by 20-30 points from the value shown in the forecast, so what? B-3, if it went that way, it is not a problem, I can, for you personally, during the week, every day, by the hour, to describe the price movement with comments. For an error of 15-20 pips. That's it for me.

paukas: Не ошибается только тот кто не ошибается

Well, yes, that's what I was talking about. To me, he wouldn't be any less credible if he was wrong more often.

There is no Wavehound who does not make mistakes. The professionalism of the wavefinder is not about always giving error-free scenarios (this, by the way, is impossible in principle: there is always an element of uncertainty in the current markup at all levels, which is not eliminated in the present) - but about rejecting clearly erroneous ones in time and offering ones that are adequate to the situation.

ZetM:

You know, there are no words..., the second time...., the first time in a branch "Club......" on this site, from you, an accusation that did not receive the answer, and it was there, and now, I have answered, several posts above. It's rare for a zig-zag to have a B-wave bigger than an A-wave.You either don't read it or you laugh at me. When the B-wave got used to the A-wave, it was acceptable to assume that some pattern other than a zig-zag was forming, which I did, but it was wrong, but it cannot be called a mistake. B-1, the movement is within the impulse, i.e. the local correction pattern is formed within the main impulse pattern that is not over. B-2, the price has not risen by 20-30 points from the value shown in the forecast, so what? B-3, if it went that way, it is not a problem, I can, for you personally, during the week, every day, by the hour, to describe the price movement with comments. For an error of 15-20 pips. That's it for me.

Thank you, now I understand. I'm sorry for pissing you off by pulling your information. Believe me, I was moved only by curiosity, and not a desire to accuse you of a mistake and somehow humiliate you. I understand that it is not possible to make a wave analysis without mistakes. And if you had answered me at once;

that "It's rare that in a zig-zag, the B-wave is bigger than the A-wave. and therefore it was acceptable to assume that some kind of pattern other than a zig-zag was forming" then I would be quite satisfied, and there would be no need for such a long correspondence. Be condescending to your students who are still like blind kittens in wave analysis :)))

khorosh:

.....Let's be lenient with your students who are still like blind kittens in wave analysis:)))

No, it doesn't work like that. I am a student myself, and will be in that status for many years to come. You do not need anyone to study VA. It is easy to do. Read everything about the IMPULSE model as the most common FORM of movement in the market. In your mind, combine the line chart of the impulse, from the textbooks, with the price chart. Here you have a prediction. Having studied the model IMPULSE, pass on to the study of ZIG_ZAG, as the second, after the IMPULSE, the FORM of movement in the market, etc.. So, gradually, from model to model and everything will work out....)))

As an example. In the black box, the linear momentum display from the VA textbooks. This, a linear representation of the momentum, was transferred to the price chart. It shows what the price has formed and what else it should form.

From theoretical knowledge of IMPULSE, as one of the forms of price movements in the market, you need to know the following (this is enough);

IMPULSE

General characteristic

An impulse always consists of five basic waves.

- As a rule, one of the current impulse waves - 1, 3 , or 5 - is lengthened.

- It is extremely rare for two waves to be lengthened in the same impulse.

- an impulse as the main wave is always directed along the dominant trend of the older TF model.

- After the impulse ends, either a correction or a new trend in the opposite direction begins.

- The 1st, 3rd and 5th waves of an impulse are active and indicate the direction of the dominant trend, as is the impulse itself.

- Major waves are designated by numbers only.

- Corrective waves 2 and 4 tend to alternate in depth, wave pattern type, duration and new extremes.

- truncation may be in the main acting waves of an impulse, but in an impulse only one main wave may have a truncation - 3 or 5.

- If impulse waves 1 and 3 are approximately equal in length to each other, then wave 5 is expected to be either the shortest or as an extension.

- The wave formula for a pulse is 5-3-5-3-5.

1.Wave

- 1 wave can be either an impulse or a wedge

- a 1 wave impulse is lengthened less frequently by 3 and 5.

- when an extension is formed in wave 1 , then 1

wave and the distance from the beginning of wave 2 to the top

of the total pulse tends to be equal in length

and/or duration to each other, possibly through the

Fibo coefficient.

- if the 1 wave is a wedge, then either the 3 or 5

wave tends to take the form of an extension.

2.Wave

- The end of wave 2 never goes over the beginning of wave 1.

- 2 Wave 2 cannot be an extended horizontal correction.

3.Wave

- Wave 3 always extends beyond the top of wave 1 .

- Wave 3 itself is always an impulse.

- Wave 3 is never the shortest of all the active impulse waves.

- When an extension is formed in wave 3 , waves 1 and 5 tend to be equal in

length and/or duration between each other, possibly through the Fibo coefficient.

- If wave 3 is not an extension, then wave 5 is not likely to be a diagonal triangle.

4.Wave

- the end of wave 4 never goes over the top of wave 1.

- The 4th wave often ends opposite the previous 4th wave

lower TF. Especially if the impulse is formed without

lengthening.

- The 4th wave often divides the entire impulse in proportion to the Fibo for length or duration.

5.Wave

- The 5th wave can be either an impulse or

diagonal triangle.

- Sometimes wave 5 is shorter than wave 4 and does not

beyond the top of wave 3 (truncation).

- The 5th wave tends to end at the border of the channel,

drawn through the top of wave 1 or wave 3 and

parallel to the baseline drawn through

vertexes of wave 2 and wave 4

- when an extension is formed in wave 5

and the distance from the beginning of the impulse to the top of wave 3

tend to equal in length and/or duration

each other, perhaps through the Fibo coefficient.

That is all. From here on, only self-training on the price charts.

ZetM:

As an example....

Thank you for spending time on me outlining the basics of wave analysis. Much of this information was familiar to me. But there are a number of questions. Can I ask them to you and where would be better: in this thread, in the "Club..." thread or in private?

ZetM:
cp! I haven't seen a better explanation of VAs on the forums - brief, dry "no water"

wmlab:

"Don't try to anticipate the market, follow the price!"

When you read that, it makes you feel like a sheep. It is so easy to follow the price and take profits, while you make some predictions and suffer losses. Can someone explain this principle?

I've always assumed that opening a position is based on some kind of prediction. Even if we open pending orders in both directions, it is also an assumption that the price will go further or return after breaking through the pending order.

So, what do we mean?

But it sounds like this: "A trend once started will continue". If the price turns around and knocked down the position, it's OK. But you can pull up 3-4 positions later.

If you do not play against the trend, you cannot withdraw. All these rules I knew from the first day of Forex, but it took me three years to understand them.