About profound advice like "follow the price!" - page 2

wmlab:

"Don't try to anticipate the market, follow the price!"

These are the phrases of those who by chance have jumped the trend and think they are gurus. Pay no attention.

Skyriver:
These are the phrases of those who jumped the trend by chance and think they are gurus. Do not pay attention.

Why by chance? And why so categorical?

Determining the direction of a trend is not a difficult task. Even a beginner can do it.

DhP:

And the Mash poses are perfect for stirring up fantasies and your actions...
What's with the mash-ups? You can see a good trend without binoculars.

paukas:
What's the point of the machetes? You can see a good trend without binoculars.

Of course, and in the previous post, that's exactly what I point out.

DhP:

So why is it so hard? And why so categorical?

Determining the direction of a trend is not a difficult task. Even a beginner can do it.

If it were that simple, we would be talking on the Soros forum about how much to donate to charity. Do you really think that everyone is stubbornly trying to open against the trend? They lose, then go counter-trend again and so on until they are blue in the face and have a hole in their pockets. I don't think so... So it's not that simple.

DhP:

So why is it so hard? And why so categorical?

Determining a trend is an attempt to predict the market and its direction. Because the chart is just a story.

Skyriver:
Determining a trend is trying to predict the market and its direction. Because there is only history on the chart.

A man jumps from the third floor, breaks his arm.

He jumps again and breaks his leg.

Now will jump a third time, you can't predict, the past two times are just history.

Skyriver:
Determining a trend is an attempt to anticipate the market and its direction. Because there is only history on the chart.

I liked one participant's comparison of this situation with trying to drive forward on a mountain road, assessing the situation with a rear-view mirror.

Figar0:

If it were that simple, we'd be talking here on the Soros forum about how much to donate to charity. Do you really think that everyone is stubbornly trying to open against the trend? They dump and then go counter-trend again and so on until they are blue in the face and have a hole in their pockets. I don't think so... So it's not that simple.

You are right. It is high time we started doing charity and patronage instead of handing over the rights to our money to the Dil.Centre.

As my own "discovery" has shown me, the horror in us (me in particular) is often instilled by a rather stubborn opposite price movement on the lower TF, but this horror disappears if one pays attention to the oscillators (on the lower TF), which provide enough information to no longer have the fear of loss.

paukas:

A man jumps from the third floor, breaks his arm.

He jumped again and broke his leg.

Now he will jump a third time, you can't predict, the last two times are just history.

Are you sure it will jump a third time?
Reason: