New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 402 - page 9

ReasonMan:

Also, when adding a new currency pair in Market Watch, it does not appear in the drop down list of symbols in the optimisation window. I have to close MT and then reopen it. Please, make the added pairs be added to the optimisation list.

No need to reload. Use drag-drop symbol to tester window

stringo, could you please tell me if it is possible to change the maximum number of bars displayed in the window without restarting the terminal (all versions). Now I have to restart the terminal for the changes to take effect after editing the Max bars field in the window on the Charts tab both upwards and downwards.

it is sufficient to switch the profiles

stringo:

There is no need to reboot. Use drag-drop of the symbol into the tester window

Thanks stringo, it really works! Although the solution is a bit non-obvious. Now I'll try to drag and drop everything somewhere - and maybe something interesting will turn out. :-)

I have encountered a strange behaviour on the terminal:

Server connection indicator: green-red (direct connection to the server),

MQL function IsConnected() shows that there is no connection,

meanwhile (!) new ticks are received, passing control to Expert Advisors.

What does it mean? Is the IsConnected() function is not working correctly?

If the connection is through the data centre (the indicator is completely green), there are no such oddities.

Apparently, it's a continuation of the https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/106757 theme.

It's about time we had three years to fix this!!!

zdd:

You can run the MS Office distribution from which it was installed and select the components to be added/removed.

As far as I remember, there was a Microsoft Groove related process in services.msc, try stopping it (Stop) and disabling it (Disable) - it might help.

Understood, thank you,

I suggest that the developers figure out why the terminal conflicts with MS standard software.

avtomat:
Switching profiles is enough

Thanks, haven't used profiles before as I don't need them :)

Why since a certain moment all available instruments are shown in the market overview window? My broker has hundreds of them, but I actually only use two dozen of them.

The traffic increases many times, I think it is inconvenient for traders or those who provide quotes.

I have noticed this problem in mobile terminal in 2009. It has been fixed.

I hope the developers will fix it for BB as well.

dimonsky:

Why since a certain moment all available instruments are shown in the market overview window? My broker has hundreds of them, but I actually only use two dozen of them.

The traffic increases many times, I think it is inconvenient for traders or those who provide quotes.

I have noticed this problem in mobile terminal in 2009. It has been fixed.

I hope the developers will fix it for BB as well.

Usually it happens when new server gives you a new one. The history will disappear in this case. This is the only way I understand the new server. I delete the new folder, rename the old history folder to the new server.

I.e. settings in the old folder and default settings in the new folder.

Zhunko:

This usually happens when a new server is tucked away by the DC. When this happens, the history disappears. This is the only way I understand the new server. I delete the new folder. I rename the old history folder to the new server.

I.e. settings in the old folder and default settings in the new folder.

This happens once a week consistently. The server does not change.

Reason: