New trends in technical analysis. - page 18

lasso:

Yes, you're right.

Yuri, I apologise for the suspicion of fabricating reports and for the offensive remarks made about you.

I hope you will accept my apology.

PS If I may delete some of the posts....

That's all right. I'm not used to it.))) More serious insults happen on this forum.

Mathemat:
Then the testing at opening prices is not applicable. Unless it is done on minutes.

Yes you can, of course you can. In any case, the results of testing in the tester should be considered as preliminary information about the functionality of the TS.

Final conclusions should be drawn after testing on demo and real.

Mathemat:
Then the testing by the opening prices is not applicable. Well, maybe if on the minutes.

Why isn't it applicable?

Logically everything is modelled correctly. On any TF.

Only drawing of the curve of funds is a bit 'not logical'. It depends on which way you look at it... )

lasso: Why is it not applicable?

Because in "by opening price" mode the tester should only see bar openings. Including when drawing funds.

What should this mean in practice? If the price touched a stop loss somewhere in the middle of a bar, and went back to the beginning of the next bar, then the position should not close at the stop loss. Of course, this is incorrect but it strictly corresponds to the testing model. But that is why there is a warning in red...

Mathemat:

Because in "by opening price" mode the tester should only see bar openings. Including when drawing funds.

What should this mean in practice? If the price touched a stop loss somewhere in the middle of a bar, and went back to the beginning of the next bar, then the position should not close at the stop loss. Of course, this is incorrect but it strictly corresponds to the testing model. But that is why there is a warning in red...

Why?

The OrderClose is executed at the open price of the bar, and TP and SL are executed on the server (in this case, on the "test server" of the tester) and at the moment of opening a new bar we see that the TP or SL is executed, because the price was "there" (on the previous already formed candle)

Reason: