[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 244

eddy:

why yell?)

I know I'm powerless to tell you this...

DhP:
I realise that I'm powerless to tell you this...
i.e. you can't even give a reason for doing it), which suggests that it is most likely just one of the beliefs about norms/rightness, and you are stupidly doing it without understanding why

eddy:
so you can't even give a reason for doing it) which suggests that it's most likely just one of the beliefs about norms/rightness, and you're stupidly doing it without understanding why

It's just that people who haven't learned this rule since childhood are taught differently, because they don't understand the words anyway.

Hi =) I just wrote an EA... there are no conditions, just opening on GBPUSD and EURUSD. So, when testing, it does not close GBPUSD orders when standing on EURUSD. And vice versa. Can you set it up? So, it will open orders... Everything is fine on the demo, but I cannot test it.

DhP:

It's just that people who haven't learnt this rule since childhood are taught differently

so why take it into account, what is the point of this rule?

DhP:

Are you suggesting that it is more convenient to have code outside the EA?

If you can do something in the EA itself, you should do it in the EA,

That is, if it is not a dll, or an indicator, or a super advanced library that cannot do without every line.

Write the code in the EA.

Hi all, again!))

Sorry, I've been out for an hour...

DhP, I'd like to deal with the preprocessor after all.

I have several files, one has code for working with files, the other mathematical functions, the third functions for working with arrays...

It's so convenient for me, of course, if no one helps me, I'll just compile everything in one place, but it's not cool to give up))

The more so, the MQL4 tutorial uses a multi-file Expert Advisor system...

Does anybody have a chance to help me?))

eddy:
i.e. you can't even give a reason for doing it) which suggests that it's most likely just one of the beliefs about norms/rightness, and you're stupidly doing it without understanding why

2 eddy - I understand you very much, with all due respect to all forum members, there are a lot of prejudices in our world, invented for no reason))

2 all - But let's not get distracted by arguments not dedicated to what we're here for!)

Sorry to intrude, of course...

BBSL:

eddy - I understand you very much

:D

Maybe you know why you're puking?)

eddy:

Yeah) but it's not clear to me how to get it right, that it's drawn properly...

all right?

why you gotta yak it up?)

more or less. Only it should be taken into account that when drawing lines (DRAW_LINE) the values will be skipped in cases when the indicator changes direction twice on neighbouring bars. This problem cannot be solved, the only solution is to use histograms (DRAW_HISTOGRAM) for indicators that change colour.

eddy:

:D

Maybe you at least understand why you're puking?)

Shit, no I don't, it's just that if you refer to everyone as 'you' you can hurt people's feelings, I don't want to...

It's all mostly pointless, but on a global scale, everything is pointless, human life and humanity too, and our programming questions even more so, but that's philosophy))

In general, a lot of things are imposed on us from childhood without any explanation...

That's why many people find it very difficult to believe in logically correct things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

But that's irrelevant to our topic, sorry for the flub...

Reason: