Signs of a REAL system - page 16

Sorento выдернул(а) >>

coaster wrote >>

22.04.2008 00:10

SK >>:

Locking does not give any advantage.

None.

Perhaps, perhaps. But I think there are still benefits to locking. Not in the immediate benefit, but in expanding CU's strategic options.

О. There is an upward trend.

And you, as usual, have a "new deposit"?

lea >> :

It is precisely the concepts of "hurt", "didn't make it", "didn't work" that I would classify as the wrong system. A normal system would have to reverse the position on a reversal. And biting profits with a trawl is not the best solution (especially if you consider that there is noise in the quotes); then you have to look for flaws in the SL/TP calculation methods.

Ugh.... no way did you bend.....

Can you tell me what next Friday closes with??? Or maybe your c.T. Knows that?

lea >> :

A normal system would have to reverse the position on a reversal. And biting profits with a trawl is not the best solution

If you are so confident in your signals, why are you afraid to put a stop below a low on a buy if you think the system will reverse the position and your stop will never close? A trawl is needed to keep the profit on the same news. Once again, the US dollar is steadily going up, you have a 1000p profit, and suddenly on every TV channel Obama announces that he just got a report that more than a third of the $100 notes around the world are fake. You can guess what happens to the price - it collapses in seconds! What if you got off the computer for a quickie and you haven't touched a stop 100 pips in that time? Instead of the +1000 you would earn -100. This example has been purposely taken to the point of absurdity, so that the need for a reasonable trawl is obvious.

ForexTools >> :

It seems to me that "correctness" in this sense is unanimity.

And if there are different recommendations for different TFs - what can you expect from the system?

And I didn't ask about the correctness of formula calculation at all. If there are facts of glitches (bugs and tudu)-to the metaquotes for fixing.

coaster >> :

О. There is an upward trend.

And you have the usual "new deposit"?

What are YOU talking about?

Sorento >> :

And if there are different recommendations for different TFs - what can you expect from the system?

I think it will work out a hundred of small trades on minutes, and only a few big ones on days. And when you have a profitable buy on days, it does not mean that you can not bite a bit of profit from selling on minutes :)

ForexTools писал(а) >>

The example is purposely taken to the point of absurdity so that the need for a reasonable trawl is obvious.

Reasonable - maybe. Or maybe you should periodically reopen the position and set SL/TP based on the new opening price?

I also think the price will fly before the news comes out :)

lea >> :

Reasonable - maybe. And maybe in that case periodically re-open the position and set SL/TP based on the new opening price?

OK. What if the news broke over the weekend?

lea >> :

Reasonable - maybe. And maybe in that case periodically re-open the position and set SL/TP based on the new opening price?

Not "may", but should be :)

you may reopen and lose on spread? on a 100K deposit it may be possible, but for a mere 100$ it's hardly worth it.

it's not worth it. and if it flies before then it's a trawl.

Sorento >> :

What are you talking about?

Sorento >>

coaster >>::

At least remove the external bans, please.
Loki will soon be forgotten about. Only in jokes will be remembered.
You can always pipsqueak without attracting the attention of brokerage companies. All you need is requotes and spread.

How do you mean by it?

:)

What about you? >>What about?

Reason: