What will happen to the indicators from MT4 - page 2

fozi >> :

But I still don't understand about the indicators.

You have to rewrite it, but since the functionality is expanding rather than narrowing, the old functions will just have different names,

they will have to be renamed. This work is elementary simple, you copy the MQL-4 program to ME-5 and say the magic word compile,

>> and then you go to the line with the error and look for the swear word and its name,

cut-paste-end of algorithm, go to the next line (in my opinion, a couple of hours for your favorite indicators is not too shy :o)

Dudes, will the forum remain the old one, or will ArrayInitialize(forum, EMPTY_VALUE) ?

Eh! That's where the freebies for coders will be, they will not want to sacrifice themselves to make people change from MT4 to MT5! I guess all interested people are rubbing their hands in anticipation of such a present from Metaquotes!

neoclassic писал(а) >>
Dudes, will forum remain the old one or ArrayInitialize(forum, EMPTY_VALUE) ?

wrong... Here we go!!! ArrayInitialize(forum, MQL5.RU)

fozi >> :

I would like to remake 2 indicators for MT5

Already have such a possibility ?

I am sorry to part with it, I can`t trade anymore :(

Not much point in redesigning yet :-)

---

i think it will be worth it for demo trading

---

i think MT4 will have to live another 5-10 years after the release of MT5

YuraZ писал(а) >>

there's not much point in redoing it yet :-)

---

and as soon as it does - except for demo trading

---

and MT4 - will probably have to live another 5-10 years after the release of MT5

The thing is, that on MT5 the speed of optimizations must be thirty times faster, and this is a serious enough argument for all expert lovers to drag their belongings to MT5! And in fact most people have insurmountable difficulties with MQL4, and MQL5 in this situation is even worse than learning Japanese!

Okay: in connection with the general migration to MQL5 I will accept for safekeeping working old indicators and EAs on MQL4, bringing at least 20% per month.

Пелотка зачетная 100%
НО я так и нипонял про индикаторы. Все прикололись над вапросам что ли ?
А сюда и сюда заходил, как то все не очень четко...

Hey, pilot, do you know how to express yourself properly? Or is it your level to make waves at drawn pictures?

GODZILLA писал(а) >>

The matter is that the speed of optimizations on MT5 must be thirty times faster, and it's a serious enough argument for all fans of Expert Advisors to drag their belongings to MT5! And in fact most people have insurmountable difficulties with MQL4, and MQL5 in this situation is even worse than learning Japanese!

Knowing the programming logic is one thing, and the use of inheritance is a bit different.

But there are no difficulties, the main thing is to understand how the whole process works, and then everything will be in its place...

YuraZ >> :

I think MT4 will have to live another 5-10 years after MT5.

I think you're wrong. I was introduced to MT-2 in 2004 and it was the height of perfection. Now it's 2009 and on the verge of MT5.

Time is shrinking, even people around are talking faster.

I think many brokerage companies have to wait for MT5 from the New Year. (My prediction, place your bets :o)

Reason: