Asking for advice from knowledgeable people. About hedging to avoid MS - page 3

khorosh писал(а) >>

Lock if you open an opposite position on the same symbol as the main symbol and hedge if you open a position on a different symbol. Maybe this will help you how to use a lock.

That is, not a hedge, but a lock. Not a hedge but a lock. No it's a hedge, which is just a "popular" name for a lock. :))

5. If the price went 10-15 points down and turned around, it is the case from the preamble. We wait until the position opened downwards does not return to its opening level (the level where the SL on the first position would have been set initially) - 1.3550 and close it to zero.

8. If the price got to 1.3580 and went down again, you may again lock there, and then close the second position to zero. And so on, until you get tired of it. Of course, you pay a spread for every operation, but you proudly keep the open position up, believing that it will finally reach its climax.

That's wrong, you cannot do that!

The price goes down, then you close your lock, and it is down again, you cannot close the order to zero... It's a miracle. If you did it, you know it will go down again ... :)) If you have to close it, you should do it after a clear move. In a word, beautiful words, but the practice shows that the only correct solution is to top up the deposit. :))

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

Hi all.

I'm probably just dumb, but I still can't think of a scheme to hedge to avoid a margin call and come out of the situation better than at the time of the decision? I don't know how to do it. I am tormented by this gap in my education for a very long time ... But nothing comes to mind.

Here's a drawing so that we can communicate more easily...

It's the same as asking what piece to move in chess if you are threatened with mate in N moves. The answer is unambiguous: you must move with the king, i.e. put it horizontally on the board, which means defeat and congratulating your opponent on his victory.

The same is true in trading. If the size of the position is such that the market with another move can cover the deposit with a margin call, it is not trading, but gambling. In this case, you should close all open positions and try to withdraw money from the account. It is better to spend money on something more useful, rather than try to play at the same level: take it or leave it.

Open positions should be of a size that will be enough to manage capital and risk, even if the trader is only going to trade in fixed lots. If the deposit is not big enough for maneuvers, it is, as it has been said before, addiction and nothing else.

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

Where is everybody?

No Prival, no Leo, no Math... Everyone's gone somewhere... You're moping around and there's no one to talk to... not even... :))

Didn't see the thread))) Hello! If you don't want to lose the MC - you have to follow the MM and not open with unlimited lots. As correctly written Matemat, on a 1000 dollar depo to open with 0.4 lot and wait for minus 200 pips - only kamikaze can do it - 'Again, for newbies or black Monday 25.11.2008 for me! ))))) For a $1000 depo 0.1 lot is already on the verge of foul )))) Therefore, it is unreal to talk about getting the MC after 200 pips after the opening ))))) In other words, if there is a loss, we have to fix it and analyze why we incurred this loss, fix it and move on. The loss is not the worst thing in this life and if you can understand why you made a loss, correct it, it is no big deal )))))

NProgrammer >> :

No Prival, no Leo, no Math... Everyone's gone somewhere... You're moping around and there's no one to talk to... even. :))

What's up, NProgrammer? Did your thighs help you? Prival will come along and add to the whole package.

granit77 писал(а) >>

Well, NProgrammer? Did your thighs help you? Now Prival will come along and add to the whole package.

Nah... They probably don't know what I'm talking about. :))

NProgrammer >> :

Nope ... They probably don't know what I mean ... :))

They all get it, it's just really the Limit of Purpose.

LeoV писал(а) >>

Didn't see the thread))) Hello! Actually, to avoid losing the MC - you need to follow the MM and not to open with unlimited lots. As correctly written Matemat, on a $1000 deposit to open with 0.4 lot and wait for minus 200 pips - only kamikaze can do it - 'Again, for newbies or black Monday 25.11.2008 for me! ))))) For a $1000 depo 0.1 lot is already on the verge of foul )))) Therefore, it is unreal to discuss about getting the MC after 200 pips after the opening ))))) In other words, if there is a loss, we have to fix it and analyze why we incurred this loss, fix it and move on. A loss is not the worst thing in this life and if you can understand why you made a loss and fix it, it is no big deal )))))

Leo, you won't believe it - I have only 3 losing trades in a year out of more than 2000... :))

So your answer is, "I don't know what you're talking about" :)) "But I'll say a platitude just in case" Leo :))) You're in your vein...

:))

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

Leo, you won't believe it - I've only had 3 losing trades in a year out of over 2000 ... :))

Lucky you )))) I can't boast of such achievements, but in principle I'm not complaining..... Have you ever thought - maybe you are unique and super-talented in forex? ......))))

LeoV писал(а) >>

You're in luck )))) I can't boast of such achievements, but in principle I'm not complaining..... Have you ever thought - maybe you are unique and super-talented in forex? ......))))

Leo, answer the topic question :))

:)) Theorist...

Reshetov писал(а) >>

It's like asking which piece to move in chess if you are threatened with mate in N - moves. The answer is unambiguous: you must move with the king, i.e. put it horizontally on the board, which means defeat and congratulate your opponent on his victory.

The same is true in trading. If the size of the position is such that the market with another move can cover the deposit with a margin call, it is not trading, but gambling. In this case, you should close all open positions and try to withdraw money from the account. It is better to spend money on something more useful, rather than try to play at the same level: take it or leave it.

Open positions should be of a size that will be enough to manage capital and risk, even if the trader is only going to trade in fixed lots. If the deposit is too small for maneuvers, then it is, as already said, addiction and nothing else.

Thanks, I'll go close everything. :))

How many years have you really been trading? Somehow your words sound like those of a man who writes Expert Advisors and argues on the forum ...

What scheme do you use? :)) What is the average lot and what is your deposit in this case? >> I will do the same!

Reason: