One for all. General exeprt. - page 4

SK. писал (а):

Inside the bar...

What's a bar? What's in it that needs to be explored? For example, an hourly bar. It's just a 60 minute bar.

The hour bar is notable only because its start time is the same for all traders. But note: you could theoretically shift the start time of the hour bar by half a period and the bars would look very different, in spite of the fact that the tick history would be completely preserved.

What can be squeezed out of a bar at all?

For example, we can try to determine the characteristic ultra-low frequency of price movements during a period (for example, a day or a week), but then most likely it will appear that the length of one wave of oscillations does not coincide with any bar period (for example, the period will appear as 27 min, 43 minutes or 2,5 hours).

I think a bar is only useful in that it allows you to observe the market on a given scale. Just to look at and get a general idea.

A huge mistake! I would even say fatal. As it leads to wrong initial setup and moves in the wrong direction. In fact, the bar contains the most important thing - the vector of market change. If anyone is interested, I can give you the gist of it. If no one is interested, I am not intruding. But my opinion does not prevent me from using information inside the bar. To each his own. In general, it is not my statement (about the bar). There is a well-known method of Japanese candlestick analysis. But in my opinion, it is described everywhere by subjective perception, not by physical basis. And the physics of intra-bar movement is remarkable and contains a world of its own. Actually, I do agree on one thing though. There are 60 minute bars inside the hour bar. You can analyse their movement. But something is missing :) A fulcrum. And Archimedes said: "Give me a fulcrum and I'll turn the world upside down."

2 SK.

The idea is elementary:
Trading signals should be based on information based on all periods. I.e., based on a one-minute forecast we predict a possible price change that will affect the five-minute periods, based on the five-minute forecast we predict a possible change that will affect the fifteen-minute periods, and so on. In this way we will have up-to-date information!

rebus писал (а):
SK. wrote (a):

Inside the bar...

What's a bar? What's in it that needs to be explored? For example, an hourly bar. It's just a 60 minute bar.

The hour bar is notable only because its start time is the same for all traders. But note: you could theoretically shift the start time of the hour bar by half a period and the bars would look very different, in spite of the fact that the tick history would be completely preserved.

For example, we can try to determine the characteristic ultra-low frequency of price movements during a period (for example, a day or a week), but then most likely it will appear that the length of one wave of oscillations does not coincide with any bar period (for example, the period will appear as 27 min, 43 minutes or 2,5 hours).

I think a bar is only useful in that it allows you to observe the market on a given scale. Just to look at and get a general idea.

A huge mistake! I would even say fatal. As it leads to a wrong initial setup and moves in the wrong direction. In fact, the bar contains the most important thing - the vector of market change. If anyone is interested, I can give you the gist of it. If no one is interested, I am not intruding. But I am not prevented by someone else's opinion to use the information inside the bar. To each his own. Generally speaking, this is not my statement (about the bar). There is a well-known method of Japanese candlestick analysis. But in my opinion, it is described everywhere by subjective perception, not by physical basis. And the physics of intra-bar movement is remarkable and contains a world of its own. Actually, I do agree on one thing though. There are 60 minute bars inside the hour bar. You can analyse their movement. But something is missing :) A fulcrum. And Archimedes said: "Give me a fulcrum and I'll turn the world upside down."

I'm curious, please give me the gist of it.

Hmmm... You have such an interesting discussion about AO and AC... 4 pages of the topic and one word about B. Williams. So how can you consider AO and AC without Alligator and Fractals? AO and AC is an entry signal ONLY after the price has broken through a fractal outside the Alligator's mouth. Based on what is written in the MT Help, you won't understand much. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend B. Williams' book "New dimensions in stock trading; how to profit from chaos." There, everything is described, with examples. Very much want to practice his method, but the Internet, unfortunately, has not yet become free;(.

m1rr0r:
Hmmm... You have such an interesting discussion about AO and AC... 4 pages of the topic and one word about B. Williams. So how can you consider AO and AC without Alligator and Fractals? AO and AC is a signal to enter ONLY after the price has broken through a fractal outside the Alligator's mouth. Based on what's written in the MT helpe, there's not much to understand. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend the book by B.Williams "New dimensions in stock trading; how to profit from chaos. "Everything is described there, with examples. I very much want to practice his method, but the Internet, unfortunately, has not yet become free.
If you are a beginner, you should know that it all does not work and in the future you should switch from simple oscillator set with muwings to something more serious.

ExpertTrader писал (а):
rebus wrote (a):
SK. wrote (a):

Inside the bar...

Huge mistake! I would even say fatal. As it leads to wrong initial setup and moves in the wrong direction. In fact, the bar contains the most important thing - the vector of market change. If anyone is interested, I can give you the gist of it. If no one is interested, I am not intruding. But my opinion does not prevent me from using information inside the bar. To each his own. Generally speaking, this is not my statement (about the bar). There is a well-known method of Japanese candlestick analysis. But in my opinion, it is described everywhere by subjective perception, not by physical basis. And the physics of intra-bar movement is remarkable and contains a world of its own. Actually, I do agree on one thing though. There are 60 minute bars inside the hour bar. You can analyse their movement. But something is missing :) A fulcrum. And Archimedes said: "Give me a fulcrum and I'll turn the world upside down."

I'm curious, please give me the gist of it.
I came up with the idea when the test visualisation appeared. I paid attention to the way the price behaves within one bar. In fact, one does not need to open a lower TF to see what is happening. Not always, of course, but very often. That's why I thought: what if I calculate the average price of the same ticks within one bar (any TF) and compare it with the bar reference centre (High+Low+Close)/3? Or, better yet, compare it with the OO of the previous bar. The result should be an offset or a vector, where the price goes. The most interesting thing is that this vector can already be used before the current bar closes. Approximately, this is the idea. I have not had a chance to try it yet. I forgot about the Championship, and now I have to catch up with it.
Give me your criticism. I'll be sure to experiment myself, as soon as I've got some rest. At the moment I'm using daytime OC and its levels. Our ancestors were clever, let me tell you! :) Therefore I will dig in this direction anyway.

By the way, Williams calls this trading system Profitunity ;)
You can download Investors Dream, which analyses the chart and gives a message on what to do.
Honestly, it is not the most convenient (in my opinion). Also this feature is in Metastock. I like MT more and I want to use Profitunity on it too.

>I like MT better and would like to see Profitunity implemented on it as well.

So MT4 already has all the indicators you need(Alligator, Accelerator Oscillator, Awesom Oscillator, Gator Oscillator, Fractals)?
Of course there is no pop-up window with such a detailed description, but that can easily be corrected by your wish. Write an appropriate Expert Advisor (or a script, if you want) which will output the same exact lines of information through MessageBox(). And in MT4 you will have the same information as in this picture. You can call it Profitunity and also create a template with an appropriate set of indicators.

PS: But it will not give you much in the end! ;o) All traders in the world know about this book, but for some reason so far no one has said that he could make a fortune on it.

m1rr0r:
Hmmm... You have such an interesting discussion about AO and AC... 4 pages of the topic and one word about B. Williams. So how can you consider AO and AC without Alligator and Fractals? AO and AC is an entry signal ONLY after the price has broken through a fractal outside the Alligator's mouth. Based on what is written in the MT Help, you won't understand much. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend B. Williams' book "New dimensions in stock trading; how to profit from chaos." There, everything is described, with examples. I very much want to practice with his method, but the Internet, unfortunately, has not yet become free;(.

I used to read Williams, but for some reason I use only alligator out of all his indicators, and not very often.
Over the weekend I tried many variations of AO and AC and the results were ambiguous, the signals are inconsistent and can only be used as "green zone" ("red zone").

rebus писал (а):
ExpertTrader wrote (a):
rebus wrote (a):
SK. wrote (a):

Inside the bar...

Huge mistake! I would even say fatal. As it leads to wrong initial setup and moves in the wrong direction. In fact, the bar contains the most important thing - the vector of market change. If anyone is interested, I can give you the gist of it. If no one is interested, I am not intruding. But I am not prevented by someone else's opinion to use the information inside the bar. To each his own. Generally speaking, this is not my statement (about the bar). There is a well-known method of Japanese candlestick analysis. But in my opinion, it is described everywhere by subjective perception, not by physical basis. And the physics of intra-bar movement is remarkable and contains a world of its own. Actually, I do agree on one thing though. There are 60 minute bars inside the hour bar. You can analyse their movement. But something is missing :) A fulcrum. And Archimedes said: "Give me a fulcrum and I'll turn the world upside down."

I'm interested, please state the point.
I came up with the idea when the test visualisation came out. I paid attention to how price behaves within a single bar. In fact, one does not need to open a lower TF to see what is happening. Not always, of course, but very often. That's why I thought: what if I calculate the average price of the same ticks within one bar (any TF) and compare it with the bar reference centre (High+Low+Close)/3? Or, better yet, compare it with the OO of the previous bar. The result should be an offset or a vector, where the price goes. The most interesting thing is that this vector can already be used before the current bar closes. Approximately, this is the idea. I have not had a chance to try it yet. I forgot all my business with the Championship, and now I have to catch up with it.
Give me your criticism. I'll be sure to experiment myself, as soon as I've got some rest. At the moment I'm using daytime OC and its levels. Our ancestors were clever, let me tell you! :) Therefore I will dig in this direction anyway.

Here, to know the truth I need only an experiment, I have to try.
Reason: