What does a freelancing client pay for for an EA in exp format or for open source code? - page 18

new-rena:

Here's another one.

Remember him, don't get caught.

Remember me. I don't work for food and I don't give my codes to anyone for nothing.

Vladimir Suschenko:
First, customers choose programmers who are willing to work for a packet of cigarettes and a bottle of beer, then they come to the conclusion that programming is a craft...

You are extremely naive!!!!

A bottle of Narzan costs 50 roubles at Pyat'kochka and 100 at the 7 Continent, surely you go to the 7 Continent?

prostotrader:

Obviously, greed will be the enemy's undoing.

Now, no one is going to be a second Bill....

I had a situation once before. A client came to me and wanted to buy a ready-made robot, I wrote it for myself and I am working with it myself. The price was $6000 and we negotiated everything, but in the end it turned out that the client wants the source code, explaining that some other programmer had sold the robot without source code and there were some kind of restrictions. I refused to sell it. A few days later I bought it without source code for the initial price. Where is the greed and where is the reasonable protection of his ideas?

Alexey Oreshkin:
I had a situation earlier. A client came to me and wanted to buy a robot from me, ready-made. The price was $6,000 and we talked about everything, but in the end it turned out that the client wanted the source code, arguing that some other programmer had sold a robot without source code and there were some restrictions. I refused to sell it. A few days later I bought it without source code for the initial price. Where is the greed and where is the reasonable protection of your ideas?
There you have sold a working part of your robot and your idea Here you are writing to order. Dot your I's and cross your T's in your mind.

new-rena:
There you have sold the robot and your idea Here you are writing to order. Dot the "I "s in your mind
The source code is valuable. I don't sell it anywhere.

A specific job is being commissioned. Is it done? Yes! What does the source code have to do with it?
Again, the question of sources should always be simply negotiated in advance. And TC and his contractor were both beginners since no one had discussed this point in advance.

Alexey Oreshkin:
The source code is valuable. I am not selling it anywhere.

A specific job is being commissioned. It is done? yes! what does it have to do with the source code?
Again, the question of sources should always be simply negotiated in advance. And TC and his contractor were both beginners since no one had discussed this point in advance.

In such a case, the contractor can and has the right to ask you for money for your idea. You estimate yours at about $6000/ Question - who got the money and what kind of money is unknown yet ...?

If they do this to me, I guarantee a personal meeting, but I will need the money.

Source code (high-level code) is not hardware, it is the programme itself. The hardware is the language and editor in which the code is written and debugged. The product is the high-level code which can be checked and edited. Low level code usually cannot be edited, it is not a product but its adaptation for machine execution. The high-level code is primary, and the low-level code is made from it. High level code cannot normally be made from low level code. That is, the low-level code is secondary. Hence, the high-level code is the product.

When a person orders code, he is buying high-level code.

If he/she is sold a compiled version, it is not a purchase; it is a lease with the right to use it, but without the right to dispose of it. I.e. a different kind of transaction.

That is, coders who sell machine-adapted code instead of the code itself are cheaters.

Alexey Oreshkin:
A specific job is being commissioned. Is it done? Yes! What does it have to do with the source material?
Then why give anything away at all? The job's done? It's done. And giving it away wasn't part of the terms.

new-rena:
There you have sold the working part of your robot and your idea Here you are writing to order. Dot your I's and cross your T's in your mind.
Not everyone here has the ability to discern

Комбинатор:
Then why give anything away at all? The job is done? It's done. And giving back was not part of the terms and conditions.
:):):) + 100!
Reason: