Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 46

Andrey Dik:

I think there is a solution, although I don't really like it. Someone suggested it, maybe you.

You can specify (by special request in the code) that the number of calls must not exceed that number. Then the FF, which will count the number of calls when the allowed number is exceeded, will call ExpertRemove().

The algorithm will be warned and then, as they say, it's his own fault.)

Is it ok?

It seems that such proposal was originally. I like it. Also, we need to pass the allowable number to the participant function, to optimally distribute calls to individuals and epochs.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
I think that was the original suggestion. I like it. Also, you should pass the allowable number to the participant function, so as to optimally distribute calls to individuals and eras.
Yes, that's what I meant.

Andrey Dik:

It seemed to you. I very kindly asked "What examples do you need?"

Examples have already been given, you just didn't notice them because of some personalities flubbing.

There is still time, have a look at the MQL5 handbook, #import

FF is a fitness function. It has already been mentioned. The forum query for "fitness function" gives exhaustive information.

You need both the task at hand and an example of how to solve it.

I really couldn't find an example, so I offered my own.

Find the roots of the equation: 34a+43b+16c+30d+23e=6268;

The most primitive way is a brute force search. This is the longest option. If there are a lot of variables, you can count forever. We can reject known unsuitable values (for example a>184 and the calculations will be several orders smaller), and also do "selection" "combination (crossing)" of promising pairs a,b,c,d,e. Whichever algorithm is faster in time or shorter in steps wins. You and Dmitry have converted this example to search for extrema, but I did not see any fundamental difference. The initial variant is easier to comprehend. And there is no need to imagine multidimensional spaces.

for(a=0;a<6268;a++){ for(b=0;b<6268;b++){ for(c=0;c<6268;c++){ for(d=0;d<6268;d++){ for(e=0;e<6268;e++){ if((34*a+43*b+16*c+30*d+23*e)==6268){Alert( " Ура! Победа!");} } } } }

}

Their chances in this championship are obviously the same as yours in the Olympics. Only you clearly understand this, and assure others in the opposite. It's not fair. Let people know that they will compete with professionals, and sensibly assess their chances. They only have a month to prepare. What is the point of your appeal on the first page if it is clear to any sensible person that amateurs have no chance against professionals?

Yuri Evseenkov:

You need both the problem and an example of how to solve it.

I really couldn't find an example, so I offered my own

Find the roots of the equation: 34a+43b+16c+30d+23e=6268;

The most primitive way is a brute force search. This is the longest option. If there are a lot of variables, you can count forever. We can reject known unsuitable values (for example a>184 and the calculations will be several orders smaller), and also do "selection" "combination (crossing)" of promising pairs a,b,c,d,e. Whichever algorithm is faster in time or shorter in steps wins. You and Dmitry have converted this example to search for extrema, but I did not see any fundamental difference. The initial variant is easier to comprehend. And you do not need to imagine multidimensional spaces.

Did you see that at the Olympic Games, before the beginning, they were running, jumping, throwing and pulling in the demo mode? - Like, look, Olympians, that's the way to do it!

Or what if there was an expert pre-launched at all sorts of trading contests to serve as an example? Or, at the Championships of MQ, they had to show everyone an example of trading?

Why do you need an example of a particular task?

there will be a function:

double FF (double &array[]);

all we will do is to fit values into array[] in order to get the maximal FF value. What's inside we don't know. What other example do you need?

You give a specific equation, but we are not having a matcad and maple contest, we are having a championship of optimization algorithms, optimization of an UNKNOWN function, there is a difference, isn't there?

Реter Konow:
Obviously they have the same chances as you have at the Olympiad. But you clearly understand that, while assuring others of the opposite. It's not fair. Let people know that they will compete with professionals, and sensibly assess their chances. They only have a month to prepare. What is the point of your appeal on the first page if it is clear to any sensible person that amateurs have no chance against professionals?

Read carefully, in my very first post, what are the objectives of the championship? Read it thoroughly.

The Algorithm Optimization Championship is conceived as a competition for seekers, inquisitive people for whom standing still means moving backwards.

The Championship is a great opportunity to test your algorithms under tough competitive conditions, which are tougher and more demanding than those you meet in everyday life. It is a chance to make sure that your algorithm can no longer be better, which means confidence in the possibility of solving life's challenges ahead, or to make sure that further improvement and improvement of the algorithm is necessary or possible.

What do you want from me? What do you want to reproach me with?

All right. I won't participate? Would that make you feel better?

Look at the highlighted green and red. It's up to you to choose what you will participate in. And again, I don't think my algorithm is the strongest. But I don't mind ascertaining it. If it turns out to be weaker than the other participants, then I won't feel the slightest bit worried about it. On the contrary, I will have an incentive and ideas for exciting activities and training my curvatures.

Yuri Evseenkov:

1. You and Dimitri converted this example to search for extrema, but I didn't see any fundamental difference.

2. The original version is easier to perceive. And there is no need to imagine multidimensional spaces.

1. There is a difference, and a very big one.

2 This transformation has nothing to do with the need to represent multidimensional spaces, or not represent. And in any case, there is no need for such representation. I wrote about it here. Representation at the level of three-dimensional space is sufficient: x, y and z values.

How is the contingent of this form different from the community once on the 4th forum? There people were looking for an opportunity and here they are looking for why something cannot be done.

Here's what's interesting, on point 1, you have not thought why I did it, but you immediately began to assert your opinion.

The conclusion that you clearly understand that almost no one has a chance came from your post, where you explicitly said that you are not preparing and are just waiting for the championship to start. To me, that's 100% confidence in your abilities. Like a champion waiting for the start of a race, with a handicap. That's just my opinion.

Andrey Dik:

Have you ever seen running, jumping, throwing and pulling in demo mode at the Olympics before the start? - Like, look, Olympians, that's the way to do it!

Or what if there was an expert pre-launched at all sorts of trading contests to serve as an example? Or, at the Championships of MQ, they had to show everyone an example of trading?

Why do you need an example of a specific task?

there will be a function:

we will all be picking up values in array[] to get the maximum FF value. What's inside we don't know. What other example do you need?

You give a specific equation, but we don't have a matcad and maple contest, we have a championship of optimization algorithms, optimization of an UNKNOWN function, there is a difference, isn't there?

Will the function be randomly generated or known only to the jury? Will it be given by formula or matrix, array[] ?

Реter Konow:
The conclusion that you clearly understand that almost no one has a chance, I drew from your post, where you directly said that you are not preparing and just waiting for the championship. To me, that's 100% confidence in your abilities. Like a champion waiting for the start of a race, with a handicap. That's just my opinion.

Well, tell that to Dimitri, then tell everyone else. You're on your own.

I feel confident in my algorithm - I have the right, because I have worked on it. You have to work hard to get that confidence. Maybe I'm scaring everyone on purpose to scare them. - Are you intimidated? Where are your fighting qualities, your boyish enthusiasm, your thirst for competition?

Reason: