Methods of carrying out a rolling forward - page 9

Nikolay Demko:

The grid (Cloud) is optimised for something else, it's like using a microscope to hammer in nails. To use it properly, you need to run GA search many times with a forward, record the forwards neatly and then reconstruct the full picture from the records.

Cloud is intended for one-time optimization, because it takes a long time to warm up, but when the grid is up it will quickly calculate everything and then go back down. There will be a startup readiness at each startup, and there are plenty of such microstarts in WF.

As long as MQ doesn't implement WF in-house, there's nothing to hump without understanding how the resource in use works. It's easier to write your own GA, your own tester (you can simplify it with indicators, as TheExpert said), and implement WF in it.

The GA will ruin the whole idea - you need a detailed analysis. That's what I'm saying: with such limitations, it's easier to make your own

Alexandr Andreev:
GA will ruin the whole idea - you need a detailed analysis. that's what I'm saying: with such restrictions, it's easier to make your own
I agree, but for the mass consumer we need ready-made solutions as well.

Nikolay Demko:

Do you often use the standard forward tester?

Alexandr Andreev:

Do you often use the standard forward tester?

I don't use it at all, my GA has its own tester, everything is on MQL5.

PS In 2011 I got tired of asking MQ to implement this or that. I have written all my own. I use the built-in tester only for debugging before starting the demo mode in realtime.

Nikolay Demko:
Here I agree, but for the mass consumer you also need ready-made solutions.
You will end up with the same self-deception as the masses will often give a predefined system of variables, checking the narrow part which is not correct in the design

Nikolay Demko:
I don't use it at all, my GA is my tester, everything is on MQL5.
The question was specifically about forward, not more GA in MT5 is good with its speed at certain moments here 5+

Alexandr Andreev:
You end up with the same self-deception, because the masses will often give a predefined system of variables, checking the narrow part, which is not correct in the design
Well, that's a problem for the masses. As they say: the fool has a glass dick for 20 minutes.

Nikolay Demko:

I do not use it at all, my GA has its own tester, everything is on MQL5.

PS In 2011 I got tired of asking MQ to implement this or that. I have written all my own. I use the built-in tester only for debugging before starting the demo mode in realtime.

Here it is interesting and becomes that when working with WF only a question on resources arises, and very strong

Alexandr Andreev:
The question was specifically about forward, no more GA in MT5 is good for its speed at certain points here 5+
That's the problem that GA is built in MQ. If you want to get rid of it, you have to do your own GA too.

Alexandr Andreev:
Here's where it gets interesting, the only issue with WF is resources, and a very strong one at that
can be simplified on indicators as TheXpert said

The key is in the simplified signal calculation scheme.
Reason: