Checking the minimum stop in EAs published in the marketplace. - page 5

Dr.Trader:

In my opinion, this is correct: if the stop is too small, the trade will not open, which makes sense. The Expert Advisor will make an error, the moderators will see the error and note to themselves that everything is OK.

If you want to add an option of setting the minimum lot in Expert Advisor, this is an additional option. I would do so if the settings parameterStop = -1, then first open a deal without any stops, then try to change the stop on increasing, until it fails. If parameterStop = 0, then trade without any stops. If parameterStop > 0: Just set it to that value, and generate an error if the trade does not open.

I don't know why I decided to use this method, but I've got a feeling the EA will open with an error,

Although this EA was written 3 years ago and has been updated in the Market 20 times - everything is OK, these checks for min stops were already a long time ago.

Market rules change...

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
Think for yourself - enough for you to know that your decision is wrong.
As always, the Troll of the forum has come along and made fools of everyone, without offering anything of substance.

Alexander Bereznyak:
As always, the main forum troll has come, made fools and idiots of everyone, while he himself has not offered anything sensible.

because it is not useful for everyone to share experiences and experiences.

the main thing was said:

Vladislav Andruschenko:

i did a spread*2 check for now - let's see what they say.

-- this solution is wrong in principle

And how you may understand and use this conclusion - that's up to you.

You've written many freelance programs -- what's your problem?

the simple question is how to deal with zero stops.

Those who are real traders know the answer to that question -- at least in this thread, the answers were given.

only these answers, because of the glow of their own importance -- have either gone unnoticed or been criticised.

p.s. And about "made everyone a fool and an idiot" -- that was your conclusion, you know how to perceive yourself and others.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

because it is not useful for everyone to share experiences and experiences.

the main point was made:

-this solution is fundamentally wrong.

how you understand and use it is up to you.

you have written many freelance programmes -- what's your problem?

the simple question is how to deal with zero stops.

Those who actually trade know the answer to that question -- at least in this thread, the answers have been given.

Your answers have no value, everything is veiled, I will not give my solution, the forum has answered but there are several suggestions, but which one is correct I will not say.

What is the point of this idle chatter. Get past it.

Alexander Bereznyak:

Your answers have no value, everything is veiled, I will not give my solution, the forum has answered but there are several suggestions, but which one is correct I will not say.

What is the point of this idle chatter. Get past it.

a typical response from a passenger who is used to being picked up and must be dumped where he says

Vladislav Andruschenko:

If you have a stop loss, then it is probably better to always open the trade without a stop loss and then try to set it to incremental values,

That's a strange requirement, usually it's done as I wrote earlier.

Then it's probably better to always open a trade without a stop, and then try to set it with values in ascending order.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
the typical response of a passenger who is used to being driven and obliged to be dropped off exactly where he/she says he/she should be
Typical of a troll who is used to saying everything is wrong, everything is wrong, without offering a solution

Dr.Trader:

That's a strange requirement, usually it's done as I wrote earlier.

Then it's probably better to always open a trade without a stop and then try to set it with ascending values.

That's the thing: the rules change.

before they didn't require it, now they do

Alexander Bereznyak:
typical behavior of a troll, who is used to saying everything is wrong, everything is wrong, without offering his own solution.

you helpful -- have you tried listening to others?

I don't think it's advisable, because both you and the top-starter have experience in developing for sale.

As for me - you should not embarrass yourself and conduct a series of simple and low-cost experiments yourself - especially when DCs with zero stop levelling are available and they have cent accounts with a deposit of $ 1 and more.

I started reading something and I don't understand the problem at all. What difference does it make if there are zero stops or any other, by the way they can widen as well as the spread.

We just do a check like this and that's it

ValidStop = MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_STOPLEVEL); 
               if (trail_p<ValidStop) trail_p=int(ValidStop);
Reason: