Help! - page 7

Alexey Busygin:

It's not just the programme that can be taken to the point of absurdity. Which is exactly what you are doing.

If, as you say, you know how to do it, then you must understand the principle of the if operator. Or don't you?

And do not compare an if operator with a donkey, a donkey sits in your brain and writes nonsense. And don't compare the if operator to a donkey sitting in his brain writing nonsense.

I don't even know what if is, it's the first time I've heard it from you.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Why not the other way round?
Because the logic

Alexey Busygin:
Because logic
What's logic? Absent?

Dmitry Fedoseev:
No way, I don't even know what if is, this is the first I've heard from you.
Confession, the first step to getting it right

Alexey Busygin:
Confession, the first step to getting it right
How would you like to level everyone up to your plinth level?

Dmitry Fedoseev:
What about logic? Absent?
Absent

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Why not the other way round?

you can do that:

if(a<=0.0)
  a = a;
else
  a = b;

there is no difference.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
How would you like to flatten everyone to your plinth level?
Yeah, I'm even making a plan today dmitri, plan for the week is done

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

I think that only you, Dima, were talking about "it" here )

People were discussing working code in which if is the fastest part.

Switch works almost instantly, you can use it for universal EA. Only I don't see the point...

Some kind of pointless discussion. Just take the test from the set https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/66271, add this if to it and see that nothing has changed, for the effect of increasing the calculation time by a few nanoseconds per cycle is beyond the measurement error.
Тестирование производительности ПК плюс сравнение производительности терминалов МТ4 и МТ5
Тестирование производительности ПК плюс сравнение производительности терминалов МТ4 и МТ5
  • www.mql5.com
В общем я долго думал и решил написать скрипт тестер производительности ПК и терминалов МТ4 и МТ5. - - Категория: общее обсуждение

Alexey Volchanskiy:
This is some kind of pointless discussion. It is enough to take a test from https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/66271 set, add this if to it and make sure that nothing has changed, because the effect of increasing calculation time by several nanoseconds per cycle is beyond measurement error.

No, the topic is very important! Ifes are just catastrophically slowing down programmes! Especially trading ones, it's not synthetic tests!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Help!

Dmitry Fedoseev, 2015.11.05 03:54

Reduces and therefore there's no reason to shove if where you can do without it.

Just kidding, if anything =)

Reason: