Code Base licences - page 2

That's exactly what I mean, I don't see any understanding of this issue from the users on the forum itself.

That's why I want an answer from the admins (in the sense of a responsible answer).

The topikstarter asked the wrong question in his head.

Help me to voice the right question.

I made a contract in which I stipulated that all the rights to the program codes, which I must subsequently transfer, must initially belong to me. But I have used the graphics library available in the database, which is about 2% of the program's logic. How much lawful and correct the contract I made and whether there are any consequences because it is said that if the authorship of at least part of the code belongs to a third party, the customer is entitled to demand a refund and payment of all legal costs if such a dispute arises.

Renat Fatkhullin:
The topicstarter asked the wrong question in his head.

Well solving any problem starts with finding out the right question.

What do you think the right question is?

Joo Zepper:

Help me to voice the right question.

I made a contract in which I stipulated that all the rights to the program codes, which I must subsequently transfer, must initially belong to me. But I have used the graphics library available in the database, which is about 2% of the program's logic. How much lawful and correct the contract I have signed and whether the consequences are not fraught with, since it is said that if the authorship of at least part of the code belongs to a third party, the customer has the right to demand a refund and payment of all legal costs if such disputes arise.

Probably, you mean that you are the copyright holder of the code (the authorship doesn't matter), but you can't be the copyright holder of the code from the codebase in any way. However, you have the wording "originally", which implies that both author and copyright holder are the same person (that ownership was not transferred).

If that's how you originally drafted the contract, why on earth would you decide to use someone else's code?

Nikolay Demko:

Well solving any problem starts with finding out the right question.

What do you think the right question would be?

Like this: "Can I assemble codes from the code base, compile them in my own way and sell them in the marketplace and won't I get a headache later ????".

Joo Zepper!

If you are so bothered by this question, then rewrite this 2% code yourself!

After all, the main thing is the IDEA, not the way to implement it.

Vladimir Pastushak:
It's like this: "Can I assemble the codes from the code base, compile them in my own way and sell them in the marketplace and won't I get a headache later ????".
This is exactly what you can do))))

Михаил:

After all, it's the IDEA that counts, not the way it's implemented.

This is where you are very wrong. Ideas are not protected by copyright. They are protected by copyright.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
This is where you are very wrong. Ideas are not protected by copyright. They are protected by copyright.
That's exactly what I mean!
Reason: