Impulse - page 19

Roman Shiredchenko:

There will definitely be no MT4 in this thread.

Karputov Vladimir:
MT4 is definitely not going to be in this thread.
Why not? I can convert to quadruple what would be here for fives ;)

Roman Shiredchenko:

Anything to add on the subject...

There's a link to a video - they deleted it - they thought it was advertising.

How can I share the scalping strategy on which I am writing the indicators?

How can I place the youtube video in "interesting videos of July"?

I will not post the link - I will send it to Google: "The main features of the "Forex Speedometer" strategy are the absence of indicators and the simplicity of trading. Type of strategy - scalping. The strategy can be used on any currency pair, but it is advisable to choose highly volatile ones with small spread."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic was touched here as well. What to count the arrival time of each tick in the array and how to count the speed...

It's clear that there are variants. It is clear that in milliseconds the time of each caught tick will be visible... (How to use this afterwards? perhaps...)

Artem write again for the especially gifted... :-)

There it is offered exactly to count ticks per second - here such variant too was offered...

There's another question here - how to test it? My broker's ndd accounts with min. spread do not have demo. If I wanted to use my forex broker's demo and real nd account I would have checked the number of ticks - it is the same...

I.e. the question will be how to programmatically process the data collected on virtual trades in csv file eexcel and ticks... from real accounts.

The question will be to process the collected data for the virtual trades, in csv file in eexsv and ticks from the real accounts... :-)

How do I use ticks recorded in a csv file in the history for MT4 strategy tester?

No, I do not want to repeat myself. I've already written here more than once ;)

The recorded ticks can be read in the Strategy Tester directly from the Expert Advisor. When you first start, write everything in the array, and then read from it at every tick in the tester.

Artyom Trishkin:

No, I don't want to repeat myself. I've written here more than once ;)

The recorded ticks can be read in the tester directly from the Expert Advisor. At the first start, write everything in the array, and then read from it in the tester at every tick.

Now I consider two variants of ticks receiving:

1. In indicator - in this case all ticks will be processed.
  2. In the Expert Advisor - some variations are possible here, because ...

Note

Function OnTick() is not a handler of each tick, it notifies the Expert Advisor about changes in the market. Changes can be batch: the terminal can receive several ticks at the same time, but the OnTick() function will be called only once to notify the Expert Advisor about the latest market situation.

On Monday, I will compare the calculation of the rate of ticks arrival in the indicator and in the Expert Advisor.

Karputov Vladimir:

I am currently considering two options for receiving ticks:

1. In an indicator - in this case all ticks will be processed.
  2. In the Expert Advisor, there may be variations, because ...

Note

The OnTick() function is not a handler of each tick, it notifies the Expert Advisor about changes in the market. Changes can be batch: the terminal can receive several ticks at the same time, but the OnTick() function will be called only once to notify the Expert Advisor about the latest market situation.

On Monday I will compare the calculation of the tick rate in the indicator and in the Expert Advisor.

If we want to collect ticks, the indicator would be better. It can hang on the chart and collect them slowly in the file. Why should the EA overload the chart?

Karputov Vladimir:
MT4 will definitely not be in this thread.
OK. The options there are the same for either 5 or 4. The code compiles for both. OK. You can do it on five. Then you can tweak it to quad if you want to.

Artyom Trishkin:

No, I don't want to repeat myself. I've written here more than once ;)

Recorded ticks can be read in the tester directly from the Expert Advisor. During the first start, write everything in the array, and then read from it at every tick in the tester.

OK. I'll look into it...

I will reread your recommendations again...

Artyom Trishkin:

Recorded ticks can be read in the tester directly from the EA. At first start, write everything to an array and then read from it at every tick in the tester.

How interesting... I will have to look at it... Apart from the tick value, the time will also be of interest. Will it be possible? To keep track of the speed... the average... in the tester.

Roman Shiredchenko:

Oh - that's interesting... I'll have to have a look... In addition to the value of the tick, the time will also be of interest. Would that be possible? To keep track of the speed... the average... in the tester.

Naturally. What prevents you from having your own ticks file in csv format with Time, Price, Volume structure ? It's a pity that the spread (Ask history) cannot be saved from the tester, but it can be saved realtime, and then this file can be read in the tester.

Artyom Trishkin:
Naturally. What prevents you from having your own ticks file in csv format with the structure Time, Price, Volume ? It's a pity that the spread (Ask history) cannot be saved from the tester, but it can be saved realtime and then this file can be read in the tester.
Just "Time" won't do. It needs either in milliseconds, or the size of pause between ticks in milliseconds. And the time itself only at the beginning and at the end of the file - for clarity from which time interval is being recorded.
Reason: