Are "momentum" strategies possible? That is, catching a continuation of a strong move ... - page 5

forexman77:
How do you prevent this?
No, bypass the fast market or at least do not place orders at these times.

forexman77:

So still, if I specify slipage a certain number of pips and the market starts to rush when the slipage is exceeded will the order open?

This is about opening an order. As for the stop or profit, slippage is not specified there, at least, I have not found it.

Theoretically, if slippage can be specified in the order opening, it might occur when a stop loss is taken?

In my opinion, the order slippage occurs because of the great number of requests on the server side and the broker has no time to process them all and shifts the price of order execution.

For example, the way I see it. In a slow market the broker receives requests for opening orders, instant and pending orders, in a slow market the instant orders are executed immediately and the pending orders form packages so one package =1000 pending orders for the specified price. In the fast market if the number of packs becomes larger than possible, the price shifts by the packs and the orders sort of start to be drawn down.

forexman77:

So still, if I specify slipage a certain number of pips and the market starts to rush when the slipage is exceeded will the order open?

This is about opening an order. As for the stop or profit, slippage is not specified there, at least, I have not found it.

Theoretically, if slippage can be specified in the order opening, it might occur when a stop loss is taken?

It has been a long time ago. The easiest thing is to repeat the experience. But if memory serves me correctly, the order will still be executed. My primary account type was always ECN, in the opening order there was always a slip on one - orders were always executed! By the way, why don't you try doing it manually - put a slip on a Market order in an ECN account? Again, if memory serves me correctly, this window there is simply inactive.

People, don't trade on ticks !

The only way to win on ticks is in real high-frequency trading, which is possible if the computer stands right in the trading room and is the first to receive quotes. No market kitchen will provide you with such a service.

Trade on hours and above - and all the TS will become much more stable.

George Merts:

People, don't trade on ticks !

The only way to win on ticks is in real high-frequency trading, which is possible if the computer stands right in the trading room and is the first to receive quotes. No market kitchen will provide you with such a service.

Trade on hours and above - and all the TS will become much more stable.

It's not about ticks. Suppose my robot will have a constant, short stop. Theoretically, the broker may divide the spread for a few seconds at night to withdraw the account. As far as I understand in the stop loss slippage cannot be specified, but it would be good.

forexman77:
It's not about the ticks. Let's say my robot will have a constant, short stop. Theoretically, the broker, for example, can widen the spread at night for a few seconds to pull out of the trade. As far as I understand the slippage cannot be specified in a stop loss but it would be better.
AStop order is a Market order. As for execution, I wrote above). It will not play in your favour anyway!!!

Daniil Stolnikov:
A stop order is a Market order. On execution I wrote above )) There is no way it will work in your favour!
Yeah, I've never seen a slippage in my favour.

Alexey Busygin:
Yeah, I've never seen a slip, in my favour.
Do you see a gopher? I don't. I do

Z.S. No kidding. They say there is. I'm not gonna lie, but I think I've seen it.)

Daniil Stolnikov:
Do you see a gopher? And I don't. But he does.

Z.U. No kidding. They say there is one. I'm not gonna lie, but I think I was lucky enough to see it.)
It's a one in a million chance the market was playing, but no slippage.

To understand the nature of slippage try to sell or buy on the real stock market in a "cup". and the "nature" of forex takes full advantage of this effect.
Reason: