NormalizeDouble paradox - page 5

So they've turned the topic into a clusterfuck ))))))

C-4:

Nah, everyone has eleven fingers:

Counting on the first hand from the end: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6;

Counting on the second hand from the beginning: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5;

Add fingers on first and second hand: 6 + 5 = 11.

That was to be proved. A man has eleven fingers on his hand.

There, I always suspected it. I just couldn't prove it.

My thesis is that MQL lacks a division between the application level (user, trader) and the system level (development)

But apparently no one cares, because I'm the only humanitarian here

Dima_S:
There, I always suspected it. I just couldn't prove it.
Perelman rests. Next time we'll prove that a man has four eyes and three ears.

transcendreamer:

For some reason, houses on streets are numbered from 1

floors in buildings (usually) from 1

rooms with 1

Why are warrants numbered from 0?

And on rulers? On the speedometer? )

transcendreamer:

My thesis is that MQL lacks a division between the application level (user, trader) and the system level (development)

But nobody cares, because I am the only humanitarian here.

You are not the only one. There are other humanities.

Numbering from scratch is a well-established programming practice in almost all programming languages, both applied and general system languages. You have no idea how important it is to number series from scratch.

C-4:

You are not the only one. There are other humanitarians too.

Numbering from scratch is a well-established programming practice in almost all programming languages, both applied and system-wide. You have no idea how important it is to number series from scratch.

OK, I don't argue, let it be important for internal organisation, but why not make a superstructure?

somehow, microsoft somehow managed to make Excel start numbering rows and columns from 1 and not from 0.

why there is no problem with rounding in matcadets and statsheets

why indexing of arrays in VBA starts with 1

why it is possible to condition the intersection of two lines with a single expression in EA

because they can if they want to!

Imagine we have an array of numbers consisting of three elements. Each array has an address in memory. Then its first element will have an offset of zero with respect to its address. Which means index [0]. If the first element had an index of 1, the zero element would always be unoccupied. Attempts to access it would cause serious problems. Overall performance and memory consumption would also be degraded.

C-4:
Imagine we have an array of numbers consisting of three elements. Each array has an address in memory. Then its first element will have a zero offset with respect to its address. Which means index [0]. If the first element had an index of 1, the zero element would always be unoccupied. Attempts to access it would cause serious problems. Overall performance and memory consumption would also be degraded.

very well,

- for memory addressing

for order numbering is not good

C-4:
Imagine we have an array of numbers consisting of three elements. Each array has an address in memory. Then its first element will have a zero offset with respect to its address. Which means index [0]. If the first element had an index of 1, the zero element would always be unoccupied. Attempts to access it would cause serious problems. Overall performance and memory consumption would also be degraded.

for example, cell A1 in excel must also have an internal index (0,0)

only microsoft doesn't make us think about memory cells

and rounds it up properly.

Reason: