Bitcoin and everything associated with it. The home of cryptomaniacs and their adversaries. - page 263

sanyooooook:

Bankrupt Japanese exchange Mt. Gox, formerly the world's largest virtual currency tradingplatform, announced it had found 200,000 bitcoins previously thought to be missing. The virtual money, totalling about $116 million, ended up in an old format e-wallet, which was in use until June 2011. That amount has now been transferred to offline wallets for security reasons. CEO Mark Karpeles said judicial and supervisory authorities had been informed of the transactions. The number of bitcoins that have disappeared has thus dropped from 850,000 to 650,000.

They are idiots sitting there, one day they're gone, and the next day they're back))

Carpeles was making it sound like hackers took the money from the exchange. But hackers searched his accounts and found out that he stole the money himself. Now it turns out the bitcoins were "found".

Reshetov:
Karpeles was making it sound like hackers stole the money from the exchange.
He is fabulous. And the fact that the money (not all declared) was stolen by hackers is quite, but not the fact that the hackers do not have direct relation to the exchange, because the mass vulnerability test on other sites began only after the publication of vulnerability by Goks. Draw conclusions, gentlemen :)

There's a poem going on here.)

США обложат "добытчиков" биткоинов налогом
США обложат "добытчиков" биткоинов налогом
  • hitech.vesti.ru
Налоговое управление США (IRS) постановило, что Bitcoin и другие виртуальные деньги должны подлежать налогообложению как собственность, а не как валюта. "Общие налоговые принципы, применяемые к сделкам с собственностью, распространяются и на сделки с использованием виртуальных валют", — сообщило ведомство. Это означает, что биткоины будут...

So the bitcoin gets legal status???

Unexpectedly!

Contender:

Unexpectedly!

With what?

TheXpert:
With what?

Before that, the trend was towards its criminalisation.

Now it is decriminalisation. If it is property, it can be sold and exchanged.

Of course, a tax could be imposed so much that the property would be useless. Could that be the catch?

Contender:

Before that, the trend was towards its criminalisation.

That's bullshit. Is it because of the Silcroade? There was no such trend. And the fact that many countries have already officially accepted bitcoin as a currency/value doesn't mean anything?

TheXpert:
That's bullshit. Is it because of the silkroad?
No, that's not what I meant, I meant banning bitcoin in China and de facto in Russia. Somebody else would have been there. Batya was just unaware of the bitcoin :))

Contender:
No, I don't mean that, I mean bitcoin is banned in China and de facto in Russia. Somebody else would have gotten involved there. Batya was just unaware of bitcoin :))

De jure bitcoin is not banned at all (or practically nowhere) . Even in Thailand where it used to be.

Bitcoin is legal in China, the exchanges have problems.

Bitcoin is not banned in Russia, just read the letter of response to the CBRF's enquiry about bitcoin's status.