Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 70

C-4:

So what's the point or the argument? Clearly, even if the stated result is true, we are not talking about any full-fledged and universal tester, but at best we are talking about a cycle for, proudly called "Tester".

The point is that there's no dispute, because it was stated from the very beginning that we can write our own tester and, if necessary, quickly fix it for certain tasks. If it solves the problem, then why not call it a tester.

C-4:

Why, by the way, for long long quotes? 3 bytes gives 7 full significant digits. and int64 in 32x is very slow. Simple arithmetic int32 and double count at about the same speed, while int64 lags 2-3 times behind.

C-4:

Yes, he wrote about that. The other thing that is not clear is what he meant by the performance of 100,000,000 bars. Is that the combined performance of 8 testers or the performance of 1 tester running on a single CPU core.

With all due respect to hrenfx, MetaQuotes is one of the fastest (if not the fastest) MetaTrader4 tester in terms of optimization, so Renat knows what he's talking about and would never call hrenfx a fibber and a liar (or whatever) just because hrenfx has a different opinion about what a trader needs. A simple cycle run showed that the claimed speeds are at the limit, at Renat, the fastest MT4 tester shows results an order of magnitude lower. So what is the point or the argument? Clearly, even if the claimed result is true, then we are not talking about any full-fledged and universal tester, but we are talking about a cycle for, proudly called "tester" at best.

So? Did it get easier?

Once again, I understand Ivan's post as being aimed solely at motivating the readers-users to write their simple testers for their particular task. The time of development is indicated only to demonstrate the affordability and achievability of such a task. So you've already started developing. Well done, don't stop, bring the template to a working state and use it for the rest of your life. Rather than taking a righteous posture...

Or don't finish it... go ahead and wait... the important thing is to be right on the right side.... right?

;)

tol64:

That's the point, there's no argument, because it was originally stated that the tester is written and, if necessary, quickly corrected for certain tasks. If it solves the problem, then why not call it a tester.

Then what are we discussing here and what does MQL5 have to do with it? How can we talk about integration with the for loop? That's more or less how it works:

I' ve written a for loop! - It works fine and it gives me the only thing I need. If implemented in MQL5 it would calculate at the speed of 1 billion bars AskLow BidHigh per second!

Renat: Are you stupid or what?

The public: How can you! Why do you get banned! Well, the for loop is such a cool thing, it's a real strategy tester, and what a fast one at that! And why is it that you do not understand such a bright head as hrenfx!!!
p.s. The word "fool" is used in an abstract sense, and has nothing to do with hrenfx.

C-4:

Then what are we discussing and what does MQL5 have to do with it? What kind of integration with the for loop are we talking about? That's more or less how it works:

Supplement.

I' ve written the for loop! - It works fine and it gives me the only thing I need. If implemented in MQL5 it would calculate at the speed of 1 billion bars AskLow BidHigh per second!

Renat: Are you crazy?

The public: How can you! Why do you get banned! Well, the for loop is such a cool thing, it's a real strategy tester, and what a fast one at that! And why is it that you do not understand such a bright head as hrenfx!!!

C-4 : I don't know what he's talking about, but he's a fool for sure!

Mischek:
(Dickfix's witnesses thread))

:)))

What can we do, the host has created a martyr, we are now sort of forced participants in a canonical ballet. // And you can't move, the context dictates the consequences... quite predictable, by the way...

// What's your role? Like a chronicle reporter?

:-)

kazakov.v:
Why, by the way, for long long quotes? 3 bytes gives 7 full significant digits. and int64 in 32x is very slow. Simple arithmetic int32 and double count at about the same speed, while int64 lags 2-3 times.
And who says that 32x? I have a 64-bit C compiler + 64-bit Windows.

TheXpert:

I'll add.

And I liked the nickname PUBLICITY a lot )

MetaDriver:

:)))

What can we do, the host has created a martyr, we are now sort of forced participants in a canonical ballet. // And you can't move, the context dictates the consequences... quite predictable, by the way...

// What's your role? Like a chronicle reporter?

:-)

More like a clown, very handy.)

Don't forget to remember how much room there is in this comrade's statements for direct and blunt accusations against our company. Even just around the last statement about the tester.

He does not keep track of the basic veracity of his statements and as a result has been living from ban to ban for several years now.

The character is well researched. He is reminiscent of Petrik, who also fools people with his near-scientific nonsense.

Reason: