Task: implementation of daily analytics in MQL5 with online display - page 9

Igor Volodin:
I take this answer to mean "No, you can't access the test .tpl file from MQL".
Yes, you understand correctly. Plus a clarification of where the chart templates now lie.

Vladimir Karputov:
Yes, you understand correctly. Plus a clarification of where the chart templates now lie.

Ok. Then I would like to redirect the question to @Renat Fatkhullin

why did they make it impossible to select the Files folder as the template save folder?

Igor Volodin:
The issue has been solved. In MQL I managed to collect all the information about the objects and indicators on my own, generate my configuration template file and, using the script, restore it on another terminal.

Igor Volodin:
I guess this answer means "No, the text of the saved .tpl file cannot be accessed from MQL".

Symlinks will help you.

Also. The two functions (apply and save) are not restricted to the sandbox. You can try to use relative paths to put the template where you want it.

Also in apply there are two paths with different reference points, maybe for save it works the same way.

Комбинатор:

Symlinks will help you.

Also. The two functions (apply and save) are not restricted to the sandbox. You can try to use relative paths to put the template where you want it.

Also, apply has two paths with different reference points, maybe for save it works the same way.

I have tried all of these:

- A symlink would have to be done by each user in order to save and send their template, which adds an extra action

- Relative and absolute paths do not work for save

Reason: