MQL: security vs opportunities - page 10

Karlson:

If we bind any folder as a ramdrive (even in MT5\MQL5\Files\RAMDRIVE), then in order to access a file in it, you should

to point to the disk...

this should not be allowed.

"For security reasons, the work with files in MQL5 is strictly controlled. Files, with which file operations are performed using the MQL5 language, can't be outside the file "sandbox"."

The codes for your own use are not prohibited, but in terms of software for the Market, no one will allow you to publish a product that uses third-party software. Anything placed on the marketplace is vetted and must be self-sufficient.

You simply bind the ramdisk as a hardlink to a subdirectory of the main Files directory. As a result, you can work with the files in this subdirectory in µl5 and everything will be stored transparently in the framedisk.

Renat:
You just bind the ramdisk as a hardlink to a subdirectory of the main Files directory. As a result, you can work with the files in that subdirectory in mcl5 and everything will be stored transparently in the ramdisk.

It's not very clear from your posts, is this solution suitable for the marketplace or not?

My imho no, but I could be wrong.

It has nothing to do with the marketplace. It's just a tactical optimisation of the file system.

Renat:
It has nothing to do with the marketplace. It's just a tactical optimisation of the file system.
Is it good for the market or not? Yes or no.

Renat:

Okay, this question has been cleared up, but I would like to raise an old question: What about the news history in the tester?

Clearly, in the real world, with normal access from MQL5, (not through objects) so that the history could be viewed at least from the year 2000. To optimize in the Strategy Tester (it will not be clear in the Strategy Tester yet). And of course access to the news on the top, and in the market.

ZZZ The news is not a tick, the history of news will take less space than the usual quotes. So I understand that the only question is the will.

This thread raises very important and interesting questions. I would very much like to see the development of the platform move in the direction of the topics raised here.

papaklass:

There is a ramdisk E:

How to connect it to the quad file directory. Windows7, 64bit.

If you don't mind showing me the details please. It's not working.

It just displays this message:

2013.04.27 22:50:01 Spread_Ram: absolute file path "e:\EURUSD5_Spread.dat" is not allowed

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/138054
Папка experts на флешке - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Папка experts на флешке - MQL4 форум

<br / translate="no">

PS: Yay! Winner!

OK!

:)

Soon there will be controlled HTTP/HTTPS network operations in MQL4/MQL5, which will allow to refuse from a large mass of DLL code.

The control will work based on a user-editable list of allowed URLs in the terminal settings.

Reason: