Metatrader 5 no longer downloads history

Hello,

When I want to do a backtest on the last 3 months, Metatrader 5 tells me that it does not have the historical data.

I deleted all the historical directory to force the download, but now it has no data and no longer downloads.
I deactivate Kaspersky thinking that it is blocking the download of given but nothing changes.

Today I can no longer test any Expert Advisor because there is no more data.

Thanks for your help

Anthony De Barros:
Hello,

When I want to do a backtest on the last 3 months, Metatrader 5 tells me that it does not have the historical data.

I deleted all the historical directory to force the download, but now it has no data and no longer downloads.
I deactivate Kaspersky thinking that it is blocking the download of given but nothing changes.

Today I can no longer test any Expert Advisor because there is no more data.

Thanks for your help

This is may be broker dependent, try to restart your computer and terminal and try again.

If that doesn't work, use another broker.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This is may be broker dependent, try to restart your computer and terminal and try again.

If that doesn't work, use another broker.

Restart the PC and the terminal, the only thing I haven't done is a reinstall, because I don't want to lose my development.

Anthony De Barros #:

Restart the PC and the terminal, the only thing I haven't done is a reinstall, because I don't want to lose my development.

I use a specific broker for my tests, not all brokers offer trustworthy tick data for backtesting, so you may try switching to another broker too, even if it is only for your tests.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I use a specific broker for my tests, not all brokers offer trustworthy tick data for backtesting, so you may try switching to another broker too, even if it is only for your tests.

Thanks for the advice, I would.

But IC market has always worked to download the history

On my work pc (nothing to do with finance) everything works fine, it downloads the data, it's the same demo account.

Anthony De Barros #:

Thanks for the advice, I would.

But IC market has always worked to download the history

On my work pc (nothing to do with finance) everything works fine, it downloads the data, it's the same demo account.

I use the same, so it must be some personalized issue on your side.

Try to re-install the terminal or login into a different account, tick data are different for real or demo accounts you know.

I always use real account server data for my tests.

The same thing just happened to me and I also did the same thing you did.

I was using it yesterday and today I can't use the strategy tester.

Strategy tester log:

2022.09.13 11:29:15.416 Tester EURUSD: history check started

2022.09.13 11:29:26.207 Tester EURUSD: history check timeout

2022.09.13 11:29:26.207 Tester EURUSD: no history data from 2022.09.12 00:00 to 2022.09.13 00:00

When I open the charts there are not bars almost on any timeframe.

But if I open EURUSD H1 chart there where bars there, so I tried to test on H1 at least one day but the same msjs on the log appears.

I even tried to test on Open Prices only and it also didn't work.

I also went to View/Symbols in the Bars tab to see if I can manually download them but I also wasn't able to.

The only one that returned some results was the H1 EURUSD (The only one that had h1 bars on the chart).

Joel Rosario Beltre #:

The same thing just happened to me and I also did the same thing you did.

I was using it yesterday and today I can't use the strategy tester.

Strategy tester log:

2022.09.13 11:29:15.416 Tester EURUSD: history check started

2022.09.13 11:29:26.207 Tester EURUSD: history check timeout

2022.09.13 11:29:26.207 Tester EURUSD: no history data from 2022.09.12 00:00 to 2022.09.13 00:00

When I open the charts there are not bars almost on any timeframe.

But if I open EURUSD H1 chart there where bars there, so I tried to test on H1 at least one day but the same msjs on the log appears.

I even tried to test on Open Prices only and it also didn't work.

I also went to View/Symbols in the Bars tab to see if I can manually download them but I also wasn't able to.

The only one that returned some results was the H1 EURUSD (The only one that had h1 bars on the chart).

This happens sometimes, it has to do with some server or history issue of the broker.

Click the Start button a few times and/or try again later or tomorrow.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This happens sometimes, it has to do with some server or history issue of the broker.

Click the Start button a few times and/or try again later or tomorrow.

I Did it many times, I will try tomorrow again.

But meanwhile I did Logged in into my "live" account and it works property.

Maybe something is happening with IC markets and their Demo accounts.

Joel Rosario Beltre #:

They expire after some time with no trading activity, you would need to open a new one

Joel Rosario Beltre #:

It is happening to me as well and I use IC Markets too.

But in my case it started to happen after an automatic update of the Metatrader app last week.

Before that everything was working perfectly.

I am amazed how no one from Metatrader team shows up to teach us how to solve this issue.

Reason: