error code 1 even after setting up a control

Hi I've encountered error code 1 when I'm trying to modify an order. I've looked into the web and the error occurred because the value is the same with the previous order modify. So I set a condition if there's no change of value in stoploss than return.

double trailingStop = Bid-Stoploss_Multiplier*ATR();
               if(OrderStopLoss()==trailingStop) return;
               if(OrderStopLoss()<trailingStop)
                 {
                  bool resSL = OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),trailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0);
                  if(!resSL)
                    {
                     Print("Error in OrderModify for ticket #", OrderTicket(), ". Error code=",GetLastError());
                     return;
                    }
                  else
                     Print("Order modify successfully for ticket: ", OrderTicket());
                 }
              }

even after set in that condition the error code 1 still occurred. Is there's a way to fix the error code?

Luandre Ezra:

Hi I've encountered error code 1 when I'm trying to modify an order. I've looked into the web and the error occurred because the value is the same with the previous order modify. So I set a condition if there's no change of value in stoploss than return.

even after set in that condition the error code 1 still occurred. Is there's a way to fix the error code?

you are comparing two double values based on prices, it is unlikely that they will ever be an exact match, therefore your return statement is unlikely to ever get activated.

Use <= or >= instead of ==  

Paul Anscombe #:

you are comparing two double values based on prices, it is unlikely that they will ever be an exact match, therefore your return statement is unlikely to ever get activated.

Use <= or >= instead of ==  

if the price is unlikely an exact match should error code 1 never happening?

Luandre Ezra #:

if the price is unlikely an exact match should error code 1 never happening?

correct your comparison so that it is not ==

make sure that you Normalize any calculated prices you send to the broker  - https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/convert/normalizedouble&nbsp;

use the debugger or a print statement to look at what you are actually comparing and sending 

Documentation on MQL5: Conversion Functions / NormalizeDouble
Documentation on MQL5: Conversion Functions / NormalizeDouble
  • www.mql5.com
NormalizeDouble - Conversion Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Doubles are rarely equal. Understand the links in:
          The == operand. - MQL4 programming forum #2 (2013)

If you are not moving the SL by at least a tick size, don't try.

Luandre Ezra:

You really should normalize the SL to tick size, but apart from that do you really want to modify your stop every point?

Some brokers really don't like it if your EA sends too many OrderModify().

I think that it is a good idea to use a step to prevent constant modifications.

Create a variable called step, maybe equal to 1 pip and then

(for a buy)

if(trailingStop-OrderStopLoss()>=step)
     {
     }

(for a sell)

if(OrderStopLoss()-trailingStop>=step || OrderStopLoss()=0)
     {
     }

Then you will have no problem with trying to modify the SL with the same value.

Reason: