DLL Library Dependencies File Location?

Hi

I have written a .dll library for my EA, using Visual Studio 2019 that has a dependency on another dll, System.Text.Json.dll. Where should I place this dependency dll? I have tried copying it to MT5\Libraries, but get a File Not Found exception when attempting to use the main dll.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

robnorthen:

Hi

I have written a .dll library for my EA, using Visual Studio 2019 that has a dependency on another dll, System.Text.Json.dll. Where should I place this dependency dll? I have tried copying it to MT5\Libraries, but get a File Not Found exception when attempting to use the main dll.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

If you search here (top right the lens) for dll and a solution you would have found that one puts the dll files in the folder: \MQL5\Libraries\ than you can access them.

Carl Schreiber #:
If you search here (top right the lens) for dll and a solution you would have found that one puts the dll files in the folder: \MQL5\Libraries\ than you can access them.
Thanks, but already tried that as I explained in my post. The EA finds the imported DLL but not the imported DLL's dependency DLLs.

I have the same problem, do you have solved it?

thx

Jambus Trochäus #:

I have the same problem, do you have solved it?

thx

Is that helping ?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/59238

Managed (.NET) dll working from installation folder but not from terminal_data_directory\MQL4\Libraries - I have the same problem when moving DLL to MT4 installation folder, but what may be?
Managed (.NET) dll working from installation folder but not from terminal_data_directory\MQL4\Libraries - I have the same problem when moving DLL to MT4 installation folder, but what may be?
  • www.mql5.com
I have a c# dll which is working great when placed in mt4 (build 765) installation folder. However, when trying to move the dll to terminal_data_directory\mql4\libraries i'm getting "unhandled exception 0xe0434352"
Reason: