MT4 Learning Materials for Developing Own EA

Hello guys, where can I find instructional reading materials and sample code to create my own EA?  Any suggestions on where  should I start.

MQL4/5 are built on C++ and use very similar syntax and concepts. There are a lot of good resources for learning C++ so you can learn about C++ if you don't find a good resource on MQL4.

- The MQL4 docs have a tutorial although it might not be as friendly for a complete beginner. Still, it will be your go-to reference guide for anything MQL4.

- This person has a MQL4 tutorial on YouTube and I think it's the only video tutorial.

Language Basics - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Alexander Martinez #:

MQL4/5 are built on C++ and use very similar syntax and concepts. There are a lot of good resources for learning C++ so you can learn about C++ if you don't find a good resource on MQL4.

- The MQL4 docs have a tutorial although it might not be as friendly for a complete beginner. Still, it will be your go-to reference guide for anything MQL4.

- This person has a MQL4 tutorial on YouTube and I think it's the only video tutorial.

Thank you so much for the input. Your reply to this thread is highly appreciated.

Reason: