MQL5 on Intel Atom N455 @ 1.66GHz, 2037 MB

Hi,

I tried running an EA on the Intel Atom N455 @ 1.66GHz, 2037 MB memory Netbook Dell Inspiron mini. I created many Print statements in the code so that I could analyse the log file of the strategy tester. I noticed that many of the Print statements did not print at all in the log file which makes it difficult for me to debug.

The obvious solution would be to reduce the Print statements but I wanted to know whether this would be expected because of the configuration of my machine. Or is there any other solution for this? Is it better to use Alert instead?

Regards 

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / Alert
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / Alert - Documentation on MQL5

See topic Backtester skipping over blocks

Also the online Help for MetaTrader 5 is available: MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Journal

Rosh:
See topic Backtester skipping over blocks

Also the online Help for MetaTrader 5 is available: MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Journal

Rosh,

Thanks for the article. I was referring to the log file itself in my message and not the journal of the strategy tester. My Log file was in the following location so I must be referring to the correct file C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Tester\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\Agent-127.0.0.1-3000\logs\20110503.log

Also I am not running remote agents. I also noticed that a Print() used in a function called by a function which is called by OnTick() never seems to print in the log file even if te backtester randomly skips blocks. What I mean is the following code does not print the message test in the log file.

OnTick()
{
  MyFunc();
}

MyFunc()
{
  MyFunc2();
}

MyFunc2()
{
   Print("test");
}