Has anyone trade on the monthly timeframe chart?

Hello MQL5 community Forum, I was hoping to reach out to the community and ask a question. Has anyone ever trade on the monthly timeframe chart? If yes with what tools, indicators, Expert advisors and trading strategy system was used? I'm curious and would like to know.

Thank You.

McGavern Vue: Hello MQL5 community Forum, I was hoping to reach out to the community and ask a question. Has anyone ever trade on the monthly timeframe chart? If yes with what tools, indicators, Expert advisors and trading strategy system was used? I'm curious and would like to know. Thank You.

I doubt anyone actually trades on the monthly chart, but rather, use it to study the fundamental long-term trend of an asset or symbol, for trading the lower time-frames.

McGavern Vue:

Hello MQL5 community Forum, I was hoping to reach out to the community and ask a question. Has anyone ever trade on the monthly timeframe chart? If yes with what tools, indicators, Expert advisors and trading strategy system was used? I'm curious and would like to know.

Thank You.

You need a big capital to be able to trade on monthly chart directly as the risk is more or less proportional to the timeframe used. There is probably not much people here doing that. Beside that I don't see why you would need specific tools or indicators to do it, but I may be wrong on this, as I never experimented it.

McGavern Vue:

Thank You.

Very difficult to be useful for anything.. For most markets MN1 Timeframe has just a few candles (about 100 candles to 270 candles [at maximum])

270 candles means a time-range from 1998 to 2021, but is too few candles to be useful for most indicators [but the simpler ones (like MA, Stoch, and other simple indicator) will work well].

A trend reversal occurs between 3 to 7 years.. so to wait for the next reversal takes too much time.

But if you are lucky to find one reversing as of today, go get it. A trend on MN1 averages from 40000 to 100000 points on Forex market. [ But could take up to 7 year for the next reversal to happen.]

Newer markets such as Bitcoin and emerging symbols, has fewer than 40 candles, so MN1 is 100% useless for those. 

Reason: