Coding EA on iPad?

Hi how do I code an EA on iPad.

the app is great for live trading but how do I get the editor on an iPad?

should I use something like Remote Desktop or some kind of OS emulator?

thanks

dQxTrades:

Hi how do I code an EA on iPad.

the app is great for live trading but how do I get the editor on an iPad?

should I use something like Remote Desktop or some kind of OS emulator?

thanks

MT4/5 expert advisors or custom indicators are not Android or OS compatible.

Eleni Anna Branou:

MT4/5 expert advisors or custom indicators are not Android or OS compatible.

Yes thanks.

Its more how do you run the desktop version of MT4.

I think you can run Windows 10 on Parallels on an iPad and I think MT4 can run on Windows 10.

Seeing if I can run Mac OS through an app.

Its for the bot coding, implementation and testing of bots.

dQxTradesIts more how do you run the desktop version of MT4. I think you can run Windows 10 on Parallels on an iPad and I think MT4 can run on Windows 10. Seeing if I can run Mac OS through an app. Its for the bot coding, implementation and testing of bots.

You can't run Parallels on an iPad, only on a mac. Your only option is to remotely connect to another machine (e.g. Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, etc.).

Fernando Carreiro:

You can't run Parallels on an iPad, only on a mac. Your only option is to remotely connect to another machine (e.g. Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, etc.).

Ok also are bots supposed to run on vps anyway so they can run all the time? If I load one onto a desktop MT4 will the bot work when the app is not running? If a vps is the ideal solution anyway I guess I just need Remote Desktop or something to connect to the vps?

Is that right?

dQxTradesOk also are bots supposed to run on vps anyway so they can run all the time? If I load one onto a desktop MT4 will the bot work when the app is not running? If a vps is the ideal solution anyway I guess I just need Remote Desktop or something to connect to the vps? Is that right?

MetaQuotes' VPS solution is not a tradition VPS and does not support remote connections in the traditional sense.

You would have to use 3rd party VPS solutions for such a setup, where you have a desktop version of MetaTrader and MetaEditor running on it, and to be able to remotely connect to it (e.g. via Remote Desktop).

Fernando Carreiro:

MetaQuotes' VPS solution is not a tradition VPS and does not support remote connections in the traditional sense.

You would have to use 3rd party VPS solutions for such a setup, where you have a desktop version of MetaTrader and MetaEditor running, and to be able to remotely connect to it (e.g. via Remote Desktop).

Hi Fernando,

So if I want an EA running for 24 hours can I do that on a desktop MT4 that is not running or do I need either a desktop MT4 that is running or a MT4 on some remote server / computer that is running 24hrs?

New to all this so excuse me while I learn.

On TradingView I can set up an alert as a webhook to the broker.

But MTQL is different as the buy, sell and close orders are is in the code itself?

dQxTrades: So if I want an EA running for 24 hours can I do that on a desktop MT4 that is not running or do I need either a desktop MT4 that is running or a MT4 on some remote server / computer that is running 24hrs? New to all this so excuse me while I learn. On TradingView I can set up an alert as a webhook to the broker. But MTQL is different as the buy, sell and close orders are is in the code itself?

To run an EA 24/7, you can use choose from one the following options:

1. Your own PC, running the EA on MetaTrader desktop terminal (you cannot close MetaTrader - it must run all the time)
  2. A 3rd party VPS, running the EA on MetaTradeer dekstop terminal on the VPS (you cannot close MetaTrader on the VPS, but you can close your own MetaTrader on your PC)
  3. MetaQuotes VPS solution (you can close your own MetaTrader terminal on your PC, once you have migrated and synced).
Yes, for MetaTrader, the trade logic is in the EA MQL code itself.

Fernando Carreiro:

To run an EA 24/7, you can use choose from one the following options:

1. Your own PC, running the EA on MetaTrader desktop terminal (you cannot close MetaTrader - it must run all the time)
  2. A 3rd party VPS, running the EA on MetaTradeer dekstop terminal on the VPS (you cannot close MetaTrader on the VPS, but you can close your own MetaTrader on your PC)
  3. MetaQuotes VPS solution (you can close your own MetaTrader terminal on your PC, once you have migrated and synced).
Yes, for MetaTrader, the trade logic is in the EA MQL code itself.
Thanks once again.

And between option 2 and 3 what is your advice is the low latency MetaQuotes worth it compared to a cheaper vps?

Or is it really down to how good your bot is?

A bad bot will lose money regardless of order speed vs a good bot which can accommodate adjust for the order speed?

And also is it a high frequency scalping bot vs more of a trend rider?

dQxTrades: And between option 2 and 3 what is your advice is the low latency MetaQuotes worth it compared to a cheaper vps? Or is it really down to how good your bot is? A bad bot will lose money regardless of order speed vs a good bot which can accommodate adjust for the order speed? And also is it a high frequency scalping bot vs more of a trend rider?
In my opinion, it really is up to your strategy and how well you have coded your EA.

Fernando Carreiro:
In my opinion, it really is up to your strategy and how well you have coded your EA.

Excellent,

one last question.

if I use a vps will I see what is going on when 

I look at the account on the iPad app or will it interfere with the bot.

so I use a terminal to interact with my bot and the regular app to see it in action but only as a spectator?

Reason: