How reliable do you think volume data is?(on forex)

Its mostly adressed to indicator developers but , traders opinions are valuable as well.

I personally consider Volume data (if what im reading "Volume is the number of ticks within the broker" is true)  equal to useless or ignorable.

LoRio:
Its mostly adressed to indicator developers but , traders opinions are valuable as well.

I personally consider Volume data (if what im reading "Volume is the number of ticks within the broker" is true)  equal to useless or ignorable.
Tick volume correlates with real volume, and real volume can be simulated/restored more or less accurate from tick volume. There are such products in the market - just do a search.

marketeer:
Tick volume correlates with real volume, and real volume can be simulated/restored more or less accurate from tick volume. There are such products in the market - just do a search.
Hmm . Indeed.Thanks.

So if i record ticks as upticks and downticks , and relate it to price change i can get a snapshot of the market based on the fact the broker has to transact with its liquidity providers.

On closed candles i can go as far as performing an estimate though.
Reason: