Can I import my own data histories into MT5 without doing it manually for each symbol?

Hello,

I want to use MT5 to analyze real stocks and therefore I want to import my own data histories into MT5.

Is that generally possible without creating custom symbols for each stock? That would be a hell of work because I want to import around 3500 stock symbols.

I want to do that because my broker only offers stock CFDs and the prices can be very different from the real stock market prices. And I only want to use the MT5 for analyzing purposes, so I don't need any trading functions.

My plan is to download the historical stock prices from Yahoo finance and use them in the MT5.

Does anybody know if this can be done?

Marbo:

Is that generally possible without creating custom symbols for each stock? 

You have to register custom symbols and then import the historical data. Actually, I did the exact same thing.

https://www.mql5.com/ja/forum/362768

Refer to this post for instructions on how to do that. (I don't know if it can be translated correctly since it is all in Japanese)

Attached scripts are for Japanese stocks, so you will need to modify them slightly if you want to use it.

MT5で株価チャートを表示する
MT5で株価チャートを表示する
  • www.mql5.com
FX専用だったMT4と違ってMT5はFX、株式、仮想通貨など様々なチャートを表示できます。 既に米国や欧州ではMT5が株式投資に利用されていますが、日本ではCFDの取り扱いをしている証券会社はあるようですが、株式の売買ができる所はないようです...

Nagisa Unada:

You have to register custom symbols and then import the historical data. Actually, I did the exact same thing.

https://www.mql5.com/ja/forum/362768

Refer to this post for instructions on how to do that. (I don't know if it can be translated correctly since it is all in Japanese)

Attached scripts are for Japanese stocks, so you will need to modify them slightly if you want to use it.

Hello,

if you like to read it in English, you find it here:

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading_advanced/custom_instruments

My problem is that I would have to create 3500 symbols because I want to use real stock exchange data. But I think if you want to work with real stock data, MT5 is not the best solution.

Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
Custom Financial Instruments - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform allows creating custom financial symbols. You can view charts of such symbols and perform technical analysis , as well as use...

Thanks, but this is not necessary as I know all this.

You said you wanted to download historical data from Yahoo Finance and use them in your MT5, right?

That's why I referred you to my post, but you didn't seem to understand it.

Nagisa Unada:

Thanks, but this is not necessary as I know all this.

You said you wanted to download historical data from Yahoo Finance and use them in your MT5, right?

That's why I referred you to my post, but you didn't seem to understand it.

Oh, I just see that you use a tool to create the custom symbols. Sorry, I thought that you created each symbol manually and that would be way too much work to do it for 3500 symbols.

I hope I can understand everything because Google translator can't translate the Japanese language in the graphics.

Reason: