Backtesting EA - looking for the cause of repaint

Hello,

I am currently looking for the reason of a repaint issue that only occurs in the MT5 backtest. The following question:

I do a backtest in the M5 period, modeling "Every tick based on real ticks". My EA fetches the data of the last D1 candle for every new M5 candle. Does this D1-data correspond to the current M5 time (i.e. the not yet finished D1 candle is fetched) or to the time of the finished D1 candle? In the latter case it would contain data from the future.

I would be very grateful for your help

Best regards

murrel

tradermurrel:
Hello,

I am currently looking for the reason of a repaint issue that only occurs in the MT5 backtest. The following question:

I do a backtest in the M5 period, modeling "Every tick based on real ticks". My EA fetches the data of the last D1 candle for every new M5 candle. Does this D1-data correspond to the current M5 time (i.e. the not yet finished D1 candle is fetched) or to the time of the finished D1 candle? In the latter case it would contain data from the future.

I would be very grateful for your help

Best regards

murrel

you cannot "read the future" in backtesting (-only in indicators) so the D1 value is the last bar value (changing) so it's actually the same value as the last bar from other Timeframes (actual close value)