Same broker, different results

Hello I don't know if somebody got the same problem, I'm getting different results on backtesting my advisor between the two MT4 and MT5 platforms. In such way, I have to use different configs for each terminal to get profitable. David J.

David Diez:
Hello I don't know if somebody got the same problem, I'm getting different results on backtesting my advisor between the two MT4 and MT5 platforms. In such way, I have to use different configs for each terminal to get profitable. David J.

Maybe your broker using another liquidity provider for MT5 platform differ from MT4. 

Just ask your broker support team, and he will give you the right answer.

David Diez:
It may be the different results in many of the cases.
Besides, it may be the different results to backtest the EA using same broker and same account and same trading platform (and it is the bugs in the EAs).
There are many threads about it.

Sergey Golubev:
It may be the different results in many of the cases.
Besides, it may be the different results to backtest the EA using same broker and same account and same trading platform (and it is the bugs in the EAs).
There are many threads about it.
I code in a very simple way with no bugs, the problem besides on the quotes between MT4 and MT5. 

David Diez:
I code in a very simple way with no bugs, the problem besides on the quotes between MT4 and MT5. 
  • It may be quotes,
  • it may be the time you start backtest (minutes/seconds),
  • it may be the number of ticks which is the different for every backtesting case;
  • it may be the following: using indicators as icustom which perform differently for different brokers based on the quality of quotes (example: iTrend indicator; some indicators in AscTrend system, more);
  • if your EA is martingale, scalping, or martingale scalping, or using Money Managementy so it may backtest differently every time you are backtesting.
  • and more ..

---------------------------

It is necessary to know the strategy (manual trading system) and agree with this strategy  (and it is necessary to know the seller) in case to believe in backtesting results (just my opinion).

Sergey Golubev:
  • It may be quotes,
  • it may be the time you start backtest (minutes/seconds),
  • it may be the number of ticks which is the different for every backtesting case;
  • it may be the following: using indicators as icustom which perform differently for different brokers based on the quality of quotes (example: iTrend indicator; some indicators in AscTrend system, more);
  • if your EA is martingale, scalping, or martingale scalping, or using Money Managementy so it may backtest differently every time you are backtesting.
  • and more ..

Did you get the case when all the trades are closed in the end of backtesting with losses?
Yes, it is bug in EA, or it is the cases I described above.

---------------------------

It is necessary to know the strategy (manual trading system) and agree with this strategy  (and it is necessary to know the seller) in case to believe in backtesting results (just my opinion).

Just use standard indicators, it may be the quality of the historical data. But theres a big difference, also when backtest ohlc and real ticks.
Reason: