How are Indicator values calculated?

Just wondering in Strategy Tester how the indicator values (iMA, iADX... etc) are calculated, does it use the hst or fxt files?

I'd never test a strategy (in tester) using the high timeframes, Month, Week, Day etc but I use indicators values based on the high timeframes

If I only run strategy tester using (1M, 15M and 1H) do I still need to download the other timeframe data from Tickstory or can it calculate these values from the hst files (which seem to all get created)

The reason, is that when you run the back-test and access data of other time-frames, the Strategy Tester accesses the ".hst" files and not ".fxt". Arrays such as Close[], High[], Volume[] access the ".fxt" data, but functions such as iClose(), iHigh(), iVolume() accesses the ".hst" data.

I think this is what I'm after.... so now I'm thinking I only need to download the fxt timeframes from Tickstory that I use in testing.... therefore saving on a lot of space

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The idea of ​​automated trading is appealing by the fact that the trading robot can work non-stop for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The robot does not get tired, doubtful or scared, it's is totally free from any psychological problems. It is sufficient enough to clearly formalize the trading rules and implement them in the algorithms, and...
Reason: