RSI Point Up or Down

Hi all,

Im not new to coding, but new to MQL coding, please advise how I would go about coding an indicator to check if RSI is pointing UP or DOWN, I know how to get the RSI level, but not sure about the logic in coding to check if its pointing up or down.

please see where I marked the RSI with the blue arrows ( showing pointer showing Up and Down )

many thanks in advance

Files:
Capture.jpg  76 kb

DDK WDSA:

Hi all,

Im not new to coding, but new to MQL coding, please advise how I would go about coding an indicator to check if RSI is pointing UP or DOWN, I know how to get the RSI level, but not sure about the logic in coding to check if its pointing up or down.

please see where I marked the RSI with the blue arrows ( showing pointer showing Up and Down )

many thanks in advance

If the RSI value for a bar is higher than the RSI value for the previous bar, it is pointing up.

Keith Watford:

If the RSI value for a bar is higher than the RSI value for the previous bar, it is pointing up.

Thank you Keith I though its that, just wasn't to sure as it sounded too simple if you understand what Im trying to say :-)  What would you suggest only going back one previous bar or say 2-3 bars? or will 1 bar back be sufficient?

many thanks again

DDK WDSA:

Thank you Keith I though its that, just wasn't to sure as it sounded too simple if you understand what Im trying to say :-)  What would you suggest only going back one previous bar or say 2-3 bars? or will 1 bar back be sufficient?

many thanks again

That's your decision.

Keith Watford:

That's your decision.

100% thank you again
Reason: