Unescaped quotes in WebRequest() JSON response? encoding issue?

Hey guys, Having an issue with getting data from WebRequest's JSON response. I know, I know, this is probably a common issue, but I can't figure it out.

This is the results array response from WebRequest:  [{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08690","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08700","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08900","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.09000","date_added":"2020-04-18"}]

I'm using this parser from ydrol to try to read the JOSN. Problem is, with the quotations not escaped, running something like results[0] doesn't get the first JSON element like this:     {"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08690","date_added":"2020-04-18"} but instead gets the first character. The parser handles the JSON just fine when I give it that during testing.

in testing, if I manually escape each of the quotations, it works fine.

my question: I guess this is an encoding issue, so how do I handle for encoding? This has to be a simple fix, something I'm overlooking...

StringReplace(...

gagebrk:

Hey guys, Having an issue with getting data from WebRequest's JSON response. I know, I know, this is probably a common issue, but I can't figure it out.

This is the results array response from WebRequest:  [{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08690","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08700","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08900","date_added":"2020-04-18"},{"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.09000","date_added":"2020-04-18"}]

I'm using this parser from ydrol to try to read the JOSN. Problem is, with the quotations not escaped, running something like results[0] doesn't get the first JSON element like this:     {"instrument":"EURUSD","price":"1.08690","date_added":"2020-04-18"} but instead gets the first character. The parser handles the JSON just fine when I give it that during testing.

in testing, if I manually escape each of the quotations, it works fine.

my question: I guess this is an encoding issue, so how do I handle for encoding? This has to be a simple fix, something I'm overlooking...

I assume this is an issue in testing because you are probably setting a variable to the json string, am I right? For testing you should read the JSON string from a file instead of your source code, because you will have to manually escape all quotes in your source for it to work.

nicholi shen:

I assume this is an issue in testing because you are probably setting a variable to the json string, am I right? For testing you should read the JSON string from a file instead of your source code, because you will have to manually escape all quotes in your source for it to work.

Yes, I'm using the results array from the WebRequest. I'll give it a shot!
Reason: